If you are reading this article, we can safely assume that there is no need to introduce one of the fastest-growing video-sharing platforms of the new era: TikTok, also known as Douyin, in China. You probably already have prior experience with this social networking service, and things used to go just fine… until you suddenly lost access to it. Or maybe you have simply decided to delete your account for some reason but then regretted it. Either way, let’s see how to recover your TikTok account.
Recover a Locked TikTok Account
As suggested in the introductory part, several reasons may explain the need to recover TikTok accounts. For example, your account can be simply locked. If so, you have to know why. It can be because you have forgotten your login information, such as your username or password. In more problematic cases, your account can be locked if your behavior on the platform does not comply with the terms of service. Indeed, TikTok has a certain set of rules to protect its users against abusive conduct, spamming, and security issues… to name only a few. We strongly suggest you read those terms and make sure that you haven’t been suspended or banned for violating the rules in question.
Basic Troubleshooting Tips for Locked TikTok Account
Some other times, the issue can be due to some common mistakes or omissions. It can even be a matter of context. This is why TikTok itself offers some basic troubleshooting tips (under the ‘First steps’ section):
- Restart the app and/or the device: Yes, sometimes the ‘problem’ can be as simple as that.
- Check your Internet connection: Even in our modern times, no connection is always perfectly functioning. So don’t forget to check the quality of your signal. You can also try to alternate between Wi-Fi and mobile data and see if the issue persists.
- Clear your app cache: Another tip that might be of help. Proceed as follows:
- Open the app -> Select ‘Me’ in the lower right corner -> Tap ‘…’ (three dots) on the upper right and access your settings -> Select ‘Clear cache’.
If none of those tips solve the problem, you can report it via the dedicated section of the app. The staff can then investigate your case and help you recover your TikTok account. If you can’t report with this method, you should learn how to contact TikTok to contact Tiktok Support.
Recover a Deleted TikTok Account
Here’s another common scenario: you may have deleted your TikTok account and now be looking for ways to recover it. Well, you still can recover within the 30 days following the deletion. You will have to go through a few steps:
- Start by signing up: The first thing to do is to proceed like any usual TikTok sign-up. So open the app and tap the profile icon located in the bottom right corner. Select ‘Sign up’.
- Complete the login process: Now you are at the TikTok login step. On the bottom, a banner will ask if you ‘Already have an account’ and a ‘Log in’ option. Select it. Now choose ‘Use Phone/Email/Username’ and sign in with your user information.
- Wait for the deactivation message. To recover your TikTok account, select ‘Reactivate.’
That’s it; your account is active again. After deactivating your account, get free TikTok views for a fresh start.
Last Words on How to Recover Your TikTok Account
In this article, we have tried to address the most common cases of account recovery for TikTok users. We would like to remind you once again that sometimes, the problem can be as simple as a temporarily weakened Internet connection or a ‘tired’ device. So please don’t forget to double-check these. The same goes for the rules of conduct: make sure that you are not on the app’s ‘black list,’ so to speak. For any other case, and as long as your account was deactivated in less than 30 days, the guidelines given in the article should be enough to solve your issue.