If you suddenly found yourself on the Instagram login page while logging into the app normally, unfortunately, your Instagram account may have fallen into the wrong hands. If you have not been able to log in to your account, don’t worry. Still, you have several ways to recover it. In this article, we will explain in detail how to recover a hacked Instagram account.
How Can I Recover a Hacked Instagram Account?
Here are the steps to recover your account:
- First, go to the Instagram page and click on the Get Help to Login option to contact Instagram Support.
- If your account is still with the same username, enter your username or your old email address.
- Once you have a hacked Instagram account, there are several options. From the options like e-mail or phone number, click on an option you have access to.
- If you do not have access to any of them, press the “Need More Help?” button.
- In this section, Instagram will ask you to verify your identity. To verify that you are a real user of this account, you need to enter some information.
- After filling in your information, you will have to wait for the e-mail from Instagram. If you verify that your Instagram account has been hacked, you will receive a return. Within a few days, Instagram will send a security code to your e-mail address.
- Instagram often asks you to verify your identity. You need to write the code on a piece of paper and take a photo of yourself holding the paper. Then you need to send it.
- As a second, you need to provide your email or phone number and specify whether the device you are using is iPhone or Android.
- After providing this information, Instagram confirms the accuracy of this information and e-mails the steps you need to follow to get your account back.
How Long Does It Take to Recover a Hacked Instagram Account?
It is difficult to give a clear answer to this. However, after contact the Instagram Support line, Instagram says that users must wait at least twenty-four hours before they can give replies to hacked Instagram accounts. So, unfortunately, it is not possible to get your account in fifteen minutes. This is a subject that can change, and the faster you act, the quicker you can get your account back. Some users can get their hacked Instagram accounts back in a day or in a week, it is all about luck. After recovering your account, you can buy Instagram likes to make up for the time you were unable to access your account.
How Can I Increase the Security of My Instagram Account?
There are some precautions you can take to prevent your Instagram account from being hacked. The most important of these will be to use two-factor authentication. After going to your profile, you should press the Two Factor Authentication option in the Settings section, and then you can activate this feature with the security code. Thanks to this feature, a confirmation code will be required when anyone wants to log in to your Instagram account, and this code will also be sent to your mobile phone as a message. Also, you can change Instagram privacy setting to increase the safety of your account.
Recovering a Hacked Account in Short
In this article, we explained how to recover a hacked Instagram account. You can double the security of your account by taking measures to prevent your Instagram account from being hacked. It is also possible to retrieve your hacked Instagram account by verifying your identity. It is just a matter of time, and you have to wait for Instagram to reply to your e-mail for a while after you send an email.