WhatsApp is a multipurpose messaging application in which you can communicate your contacts in several alternative ways. One of these ways is sending videos to your friends on WhatsApp. You can send a recorded video or a video by recording on WhatsApp. If you send a recorded video, you should choose the photo & video library by tapping the plus icon in the right bottom line, and you can send the video with ease. If you want to record a WhatsApp video while you are messaging a friend, you can do that easily as well. So, how to record a video on WhatsApp?
Recording a Video on Whatsapp
This process is the same for iOS systems and Android devices. Therefore, it is not necessary to explain the recording of a WhatsApp video for two systems, it can be understood in one title. Here are the steps:
- Firstly, you should open the WhatsApp application on your phone.
- After this, tap on the contact which you want to send the video that you will record.
- You should be seeing a camera icon in the bottom line. It is between the text box and the audio recording button. Tap that icon.
- When you tap it, the camera opens on the screen of your phone. You can set the flash or night mode that is situated in the right top of the screen in iOS devices, and you can set the flash in the left bottom corner in Android devices.
- Now, you can record a video by holding the circular button in the middle of the bottom. If you tap the circular button, you take a photo. When you hold the button, you will record a video then. When you start to hold, the video will start to be recorded after 3 seconds.
- If you want to zoom in the video that you record, you should slide your finger that holds the circular button. When you slide your finger, the place that you want to zoom, you will zoom in there. Later, if you want to remove, all you have to do is slide your finger to the circular button again.
- When you want to finish recording the video, lift your finger from the button.
How Can You Edit Your Video on WhatsApp After Recording It?
You can edit your video in the top line on WhatsApp before sending the video. Here is how you can do it:
- You can change the side of the video. The video can be turned to the right and left. Also, you can set the dimensions of the video. To illustrate, the dimensions can be 2:3, 3:5, or square.
- You can add stickers and emojis to your WhatsApp video by tapping the ”smiling emoji” icon of the top line.
- You can type a text on the video by clicking the ”T” option. The color and size of the text are changeable.
- Lastly, you can draw something on the video by tapping the ”pencil” icon in the right top corner. You can set the color of the drawing.
In addition, you can see the whole video at the top and change the length of the video from there.
Finally, you can send the video by tapping the circle button in the right bottom corner.
A WhatsApp video you want to send can be up to 16 GB. If you record a video that is larger than 16 GB, you can edit the length of the video on WhatsApp before you send it.
The size of 16 GB is about 90 seconds and 3 minutes in most of the phones.
Yes, you can delete for everyone or just for you. If the person who you sent the video doesn’t see your video message, he/she doesn’t access your video when you delete it for everyone. However, the video can be downloaded to the person’s photo & video library before you delete it.
We expect that the question of how to record a video on WhatsApp is explained in your mind clearly. You can record the video on WhatsApp directly instead of trying to find the videos in your video library.
Moreover, you can edit the videos on WhatsApp practically. We are in favor of WhatsApp is the easiest messaging application to use, and its features, such as recording the video on WhatsApp is so functional for WhatsApp users.