You’re a big fan of Instagram, but you just need a break? It would be handy if you could temporarily disable your Instagram account, but our views change, and we may want to reactivate an Instagram account.
Here’s the good news: That works!
We’ll explain in some simple steps how you can deactivate your account and reactivate it after that.
How Do I Reactivate My Instagram Account?
If you’ve enjoyed your social media break and want to reactivate or re-enable your Instagram account, you can do so quickly: you just have to sign in to the app or on your computer using your old login details on Instagram.
Afterward, your profile will automatically be unlocked – including all photos, likes, and comments.
If that does not work right away:
If you’ve disabled your Instagram account less than a day ago and want to revive it, it may not work right now.
You should be waiting and drinking tea: Try again in a couple of hours. If you still cannot log in, you should contact Instagram Support.
How Can I Disable My Instagram Account?
If you want to deactivate your Instagram account, you cannot regulate this in the mobile app, but you have to visit the PC’s Instagram homepage.
There are two ways to log in; here’s the first one:
- If you have connected your Instagram account to Facebook, you go to the point, “sign up with Facebook.”
- Then you enter your Facebook information.
- The website automatically redirects you back to Instagram.
Here’s the second way for logging in:
- You can also sign up for Instagram using your username and password – you had both set up when registering.
- To log in, go to the login window on Instagram below to the field “You have an account? Log in.”
- There you can enter your credentials to proceed.
- If you have successfully logged in, the rest is almost child’s play: Go to the humanoid icon in the top right corner of the screen to get to your Instagram profile.
- Afterward, you click on the right beside your user name on the label “Edit Profile.”
- Now you land in the settings, more precisely in the “Edit Profile” section.
- Go to the bottom right, where you will find the section “Disable My Account Temporarily.”
What’s Next: Why Are You Departing?
First of all, you should give a reason for the deactivation
Instagram then tells you once briefly that your data (read photos, likes & comments) remain stored despite deactivation, and your account is only hidden from other users.
However, if you want to delete some of your old content before closing your account, you should not postpone it and start deleting right now.
Besides, they point out that you can only deactivate your account once a week.
Below this explanation, you should give Instagram a reason why you would like to deactivate your account. Here you can choose between the following options:
- I just need a break.
- Having difficulties with the platform.
- The second account created.
- Privacy concerns.
- I want to delete a post of mine.
- Too busy / too much distraction.
- I did not find anyone to follow.
- Too many ads.
- Another reason.
Important: You must select one of these statements; otherwise, you will not deactivate your account.
- Once you have decided on a reason, you just have to confirm the deactivation: just tap the Instagram password under the section “Why do you want to deactivate your account?.”
- Then click on the button below “Deactivate Account Temporarily.”
- From now on, your account will remain invisible to other users until you reactivate it.
What Will Happen When I Disable My Account?
Your profile will no longer be visible to other users after you opt-out until you undisable it, and photos, comments, and likes will remain for you if you consider restoring them.
The Best Instagram Reels Editing Apps
Before we reveal the complete list of the best Instagram reel editing app, let us give you some backstory. In late 2019, Instagram decided to give the...
It is different when deleting it permanently: With this action, your Instagram data is completely removed. If your views change about Instagram after deleting your account, you would have to completely re-register.
Why You Might Need a Break from Social Media
Take out your smartphone, smile into the camera, wait for the flash, and upload the results.
Photo-sharing networks like Instagram keep going by users’ constant need for posting new images at regular intervals.
However, we might get overwhelmed by the attention and our constant urge to keep our intellectual self up to date for whatever reason.
However, everyone needs a little break from the social media world from time to time. Hence, we want you to succeed in the break, and you do not scroll back through your Instagram feed after two hours.
We’ll explain here how to deactivate your account settings – and later, how to bring it to life again.
Conclusion On Instagram Reactivation
Let’s briefly look at what we’ve conclude:
- If you need a break from Instagram, temporarily disabling your account can help.
- Unlike deleting, it retains all your photos, likes, and comments – making your account invisible to other users.
- You cannot deactivate your account in the app, but only on the PC.
- If you want the reactivation of your Instagram account again, you just have to log in to Instagram with your old credentials.
- Your Instagram account will stay hidden to search queries and other users while it is deactivated. Therefore, you will not be visible to other people.
- All of your conversations with your followers will stay intact. Therefore, you should not worry about losing your private data. Your data only disappears if you permanently delete your account.