You’re a big fan of Instagram, but do you just need a break? It would be handy if you could temporarily disable your Instagram account, but our views change, and we may want to reactivate an Instagram account. You can take a short or long break from Instagram and return to using it without any problems.
You can delete your Instagram account for a short break but after deleting your account, you can’t use your account again and you can be regretful. Here’s the good news: you can deactivate and then reactivate your Instagram account! We’ll explain in some simple steps how you can deactivate your account and reactivate it after that.
How Do I Reactivate My Instagram Account?
Suppose you’ve enjoyed your social media break and want to reactivate or re-enable your Instagram account. In that case, you can do so quickly: you just have to sign in to the app or on your computer using your old login details on Instagram. Afterward, your profile will automatically be unlocked – including all photos, likes, and comments. If that does not work right away: If you disabled your Instagram account less than a day ago and want to revive it, it may not work right now. You should be waiting and drinking tea: Try again in a couple of hours. If you still cannot log in, you should contact Instagram Support.
How Can I Disable My Instagram Account?
If you want to deactivate your Instagram account, you cannot regulate this in the mobile app, but you must visit the PC’s Instagram homepage.
There are two ways to log in; here’s the first one:
- If you have connected your Instagram account to Facebook, you go to the point, “sign up with Facebook.”
- Then you enter your Facebook information.
- The website automatically redirects you back to Instagram.
Here’s the second way to log in:
- You can also sign up for Instagram using your username and password – you had both set up when registering.
- To log in, go to the login window on Instagram below the field “You have an account? Log in.”
- There you can enter your credentials to proceed.
- If you have successfully logged in, the rest is almost child’s play: Go to the humanoid icon in the top right corner of the screen to get to your Instagram profile.
- Afterward, you click on the right beside your user name on the label “Edit Profile.”
- Now you land in the settings, more precisely in the “Edit Profile” section.
- Go to the bottom right, where you will find the section “Disable My Account Temporarily.”
What’s Next: Why Are You Departing?
First of all, you should give a reason for the deactivation. Instagram then briefly tells you that your data (read photos, likes & comments) remain stored despite deactivation, and your account is only hidden from other users. However, if you want to delete some old content before closing your account, you should not postpone and start deleting it right now. Besides, they point out that you can only deactivate your account once a week. Below this explanation, you should give Instagram a reason why you would like to deactivate your account. Here you can choose between the following options:
- I just need a break.
- Having difficulties with the platform.
- The second account created.
- Privacy concerns.
- I want to delete a post of mine.
- Too busy / too much distraction.
- I did not find anyone to follow.
- Too many ads.
- Another reason.
Important: You must select one of these statements; otherwise, you will not deactivate your account.
- Once you have decided on a reason, you just have to confirm the deactivation: just tap the Instagram password under the section “Why do you want to deactivate your account?.”
- Then click on the button below “Deactivate Account Temporarily.”
- From now on, your account will remain invisible to other users until you reactivate it.
What Will Happen When I Disable My Account?
Your profile will no longer be visible to other users after you opt out until you disable it, and photos, comments, and likes will remain for you if you consider restoring them. It is different when deleting it permanently: With this action, your Instagram data is completely removed. If your views change about Instagram after deleting your account, you would have to completely re-register.
Why You Might Need a Break from Social Media
Take out your smartphone, smile into the camera, wait for the flash, and upload the results. Photo-sharing networks like Instagram keep going because users constantly need to post new images regularly. However, we might get overwhelmed by the attention and our constant urge to keep our intellectual selves up to date for whatever reason. Everyone needs a little break from the social media world from time to time. Hence, we want you to succeed in the break, and you do not scroll back through your Instagram feed after two hours. Besides all these, if you are giving up because you couldn’t create the audience you want on Instagram, there is one more way before deactivating your account; you can buy Instagram followers.
Conclusion On Instagram Reactivation
In this article, we mentioned how you could deactivate your account and then reactive it. You may be tired of constantly scrolling on Instagram, or you may have wanted to stay away from social media. When you deactivate your Instagram account, your conversations with your followers will remain intact. Therefore, you should not worry about losing your private data. Your data only disappears if you permanently delete your account. You can reactivate your Instagram account, which you have disabled for any reason, just by logging in on a PC.