You can follow people and view content on Instagram, as well as create your own shares. Today, you’re going to learn how to post on Instagram.
If you’re registered with Instagram, you can log in to the app for posting photos or videos from the gallery, share media items downloaded from the internet, or take pictures or videos using the camera.
Share Your First Instagram Post
Follow the steps below to share posts on Instagram.
- Open Instagram from the mobile app: Hit the icon of Instagram that looks like the front of a color camera. If you are logged in, your Instagram home page opens. If you are not already logged in, enter your Instagram account email address (or username or phone number) and password before continuing. Unfortunately, you can’t share posts on Instagram from your computer, you have to do it from the Instagram app on a mobile device.
- Touch the plus symbol to upload photos and videos. This icon is displayed at the bottom of the screen. The camera interface opens when touched. If you don’t see this icon, first hit the Home tab in the lower-left corner of the page.
- Select an upload option. Tap one of the three options at the bottom of the screen:
- Gallery – Opens a list of saved photos and videos.
- Photo – Turns on the camera to take a new photo.
- Footage – Turns the camera on to take a new video.
- Take a photo or video or select from the gallery. The photo or video you take will then open in the edit window of Instagram. If you chose a photo or video, tap Next in the top right corner of the screen before continuing. Instead of taking pictures, you can select up to nine photos by tapping on the overlapping squares on the right side of the screen to select multiple photos or images when you choose them from the gallery and upload them at once. So people will be able to scroll through the photos you upload.
Editing Your Post (Editing Tools)
- Select a filter. Touch the filter you want to apply to the photo or video. If you tap the filter again after selecting the filter, a scroll button will appear on the screen, and you can use it to reduce the filter’s effect. You can also edit other features of a photo or video (eg, Brightness or Contrast) by tapping the Edit tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Next. This option is in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Write a caption. Tap the text field at the top of the screen and enter the caption you want to use. You can also tag your Instagram friends in this photo or video by clicking Tag People and touching the picture, then selecting your friends.
- To add a location tag to the photo, click Add Location and select a location.
- Click Share. This option is in the upper right corner of the screen. Your photo or video will be uploaded to your Instagram page. Also, the picture will appear on the homepage of everyone who follows you. If your Instagram account is linked to other social media accounts (eg, Twitter or Facebook), you can also share the photo or video anywhere by tapping the button next to the social media account.
What Should My First Instagram Post Be
Looking for things to post? Considering that people care regarding vague looks, if it’s not an online brand, your first post should contain you doing some exciting stuff.
That can be extreme as parachuting, diving, climbing, or something like karaoke, having a drink with friends, or chilling after a long day.
Either way, make sure that you should look good in these photos, and the focus should be on you and no one else.
However, if you are representing an online brand, it wouldn’t be appropriate to post a selfie. Therefore, we suggest you share your best products and services yet as your first post.
What Does CFS Mean on Instagram?
Instagram is one of the most preferred social media platforms. If you don’t have a business account on this platform, there are some features you will...
Don’t forget to include your mission and vision in the caption. Show people that they can count on your brand, and you can also do this by filming a few happy customers.
Conclusion on One Small Leap
Sharing a post on Instagram is easy, and it’s essential you should master if you wish to build yourself a devoted audience. If you follow the steps above, it won’t be a hassle for you to get a hold of it. Don’t forget that your first post should be your top game in action. If you don’t have a proper picture yet, we suggest you get one immediately before you start your journey. Now that you know how to post on IG, you can now take a look at how to make a top post on Instagram.