Today we will look at How to make Instagram Private. Having a Private account for Instagram can be very useful when using a personal account. It’s likely you don’t want people you don’t know, your annoying relatives or your online enemies to be snooping on your page. It’s much safer to just choose who can and who can’t follow you. Although it can be harder to increase followers and grow your account, maybe you don’t care about followers and just want to be on Instagram for recreational use and to see what your friends are up to. As stated on Instagram’s help page.
Set your account to private from the Instagram app on your Android or iOS device;
- First, go to your profile, then tap the 3 horizontal lines.
- Next, tap “Settings”
- Tap “Privacy and Security”
- Tap “Account Privacy” then tap to toggle “Private Account” on.
Set your account to private on your computer or mobile browser;
- Go to instagram.com on your computer or mobile browser.
- Click your Profile, then click “Settings”
- Click “Privacy and Security”
- Below “Account Privacy”, click to check the box next to “Private Account”
Things to keep in mind about private accounts;
- Private posts you share to social networks may be visible to the public depending on your privacy settings for those networks. For example, a post you share to Twitter that was set to private on Instagram may be visible to the people who can see your Twitter posts.
- Once you make your account private, people will have to send you a follow request to see your posts, your followers list or your following list.
- Follow requests appear in Activity, where you can approve or ignore them.
- If someone was already following you before you set your posts to private and you don’t want them to see your posts, you can block them.
- People can send a photo or video directly to you even if they’re not following you.
Pages that you may be interested in: https://www.instafollowers.co/blog/how-to-download-instagram-user-pictures-photos