One of the most significant factors in our Instagram account’s growth is its aesthetic appearance. By offering a beautiful profile to visitors or followers, we can get more followers and indirectly expand our interactions. In that case, learning how to make custom Instagram Highlights covers goes a long way.
As I mentioned above, there are a few ways to achieve an aesthetic profile. All you need is some personalized design on your filters, an excellent sharing layout design, and some cover designs for your Instagram Stories that you fixed on your profile, also known as Instagram Highlights.
What Are Instagram Highlights?
Instagram Highlights are stories that are placed on a user’s Instagram profile. Unlike your stories, highlights do not vanish after 24 hours. They stay on your profile as long as you do not remove them. You can find Instagram Highlights on a user’s profile, that is, if they have them.
How to Create Instagram Highlights
You can create an Instagram Highlight to promote your account in multiple ways. In this post, we will explain the simplest method through which you can post a highlight. Here is how to make highlights on Instagram:
- Enter your Instagram profile.
- Click the “New” button with the plus sign.
- Choose the story you want for a new highlight.
- Edit Cover & Name Your Highlight.
- Tap on the “Add” button.
What Are Instagram Highlights Covers?
The Instagram Story cover designs are one of the cute ways to get information about what the Highlights represent about your brand, your upcoming projects or products, and your announcements. It’s not only for us to get Instagram followers but also for our existing followers.
How to Edit Instagram Highlights Cover
You can change the cover of Instagram highlights before adding to the highlights. It is possible to edit them after adding them. Here are the steps for editing the Instagram highlight cover;
- Tap on your highlighted story.
- You will see the three dots button at the bottom of the story. Tap on it.
- Choose the “edit highlight” option.
- If you just want to edit the name, change the name and tap on the “done” button. To change the cover, tap on the “edit cover” button and choose a cover photo.
- After adjusting the cover, tap on the “done” button.
After sharing your stories, don’t forget to promote them. You can buy Instagram followers to show more people.
How to Find Free Instagram Highlight Story Covers
If you want to make your Instagram profile more appealing, you can start using the custom Instagram Highlights covers and take the first step. If you do not understand the design or technical knowledge, you may get a little bored when producing your cover designs, but don’t worry! In fact, it is not a process to be feared.
Browsing on Internet
Many free Instagram Stories Highlight icons, templates, and logos are available on the Internet. After determining what kind of icon you want, search the search engines for this topic. There are stock photo websites, and some artists share their works for free. You can find many free highlights covers by searching on search engines.
Today, one of the platforms where Instagram Story Highlight icons are searched and have the largest number of icon variations is Pinterest. There are hundreds, even thousands, of Instagram Story Highlight icons on Pinterest.
So it will be very easy to find an icon that you will like on this platform. Users create many collections on Pinterest for highlight covers, and you can find the best covers for your taste.
Free Instagram Highlights Cover Makers
How to Save Music on Instagram
Instagram is a highly popular social media platform that enables its users to create and share their own unique content. Such as pictures and videos t...
What Does CFS Mean on Instagram?
Instagram is one of the most preferred social media platforms. If you don’t have a business account on this platform, there are some features you will...
In addition to Pinterest, some applications are created for this in Google Play and App Store, called Highlight cover makers. You can access this and many other free apps by typing Instagram Stories Highlight Icons or cover photos.
Even though I use Adobe Photoshop regularly, I would like to say that I use Canva from time to time in its use. Canva Free allows you to use elements such as graphics, photos, and fonts free of charge (there are also paid functions). In that way, you can use it to create custom Instagram Highlights covers.
How to Create Cover Templates with Canva
You can create the cover designs for your Highlights on my Instagram profile with Canva. Here are the steps to create highlights covers on Canva;
- Step 1: Create a free account on Canva.com to get going. It’s not only for Instagram Highlights cover photos, but you can also use it to organize all your other graphics. Click on the “custom dimensions “button in the top right corner.
- Step 2: In the small window that will appear, let’s enter the regular Instagram Story sizes. Instagram Support suggests 1080×1920 pixels. Click the “Create a New Design” button. You can also search for the Highlight Cover template on Canva.
- Step 3: You will see an empty, white, upright template on your screen. Open the color palette by holding the colored box at the top left and select our background color. If you don’t see the color you want, you can choose the color yourself.
- Step 4: After selecting the color you want, look at the far left of the page. You will see a menu with titles that contain templates, words, text, background, downloads, and folders. You can find graphics for your cover by using the search function. For example, you can type in “makeup” if the cover is about makeup.
- Step 5: If we find the icon, you can directly hold and drag the icon to your canvas to start using it. Using the alignment lines of Canva, let’s place our icon right in the middle of our template. And that’s all you should do!
- Step 6: If your designs are finished, you can download the designs using the down-pointing arrow button at the top right; then, you can upload your cover photo to Instagram.
Conclusion – Pretty Simple Thing to Do
It was very simple, wasn’t it? You can use different Instagram Highlights icons in each cover design and make your background colors. Some profiles even create some sort of unity for their profile by using only a handful of icons and colors. This may be a minimalistic choice — obviously, it’s up to your situation and your strategy on Instagram. If you don’t want to hassle with this, you can always find some free Instagram Highlights covers on the web. Just roam around for a little bit.