Tumblr is a popular platform that focuses on users’ creativity. Tumblr doesn’t offer the page layout directly, the users can generate their own posts and edit their blogs’ appearance. The users keep control of their blog, they can change the Tumblr themes at any time. Also, organizing the blog is easy for every Tumblr user. So, how to make a Tumblr theme?
Combine the Blog With Your Personality
It is important to structure the title, description, avatar, link color, link hover in your blog. These details complete each other and tell so many things about you. If you want to attract users’ attention, you should care about the details in your theme. What is more, you can add the songs that belong to your favorite singers to your blog and you can make your page enjoyable.
Tips to Find the Optimal Tumblr Theme for You
If you decide to choose the theme that was made, there are some important points that you should be careful.
You should use an appropriate theme for your Tumblr blog. Let’s say, you prefer to share/reblog the text in your blog, then you should choose the ”good for text” theme. If you want to have a simple and nice blog, you can search your theme in the ”minimal” option.
How to Make a Tumblr Theme?
It is possible to edit the theme in two ways:
- You can use the themes that have already made by other Tumblr users.
- Or you can create your own Tumblr theme.
The First One: Choose Your Theme in the ”Browse Themes” Option
- Log in to your Tumblr account.
- Choose the “account” option in the top line. It should be next to the pencil icon.
- Tap the undermost “ edit appearance” option.
- Later, you should tap the ”edit theme” in the ”website theme” option.
- Now, you should be seeing the edit theme column on the left side of the screen. Click the ”Browse Themes” that has an eye icon.
- You will notice that all themes appear in the themes column. You can choose the category of your theme by tapping the ”all themes” option at the top. When you click the ”all themes”, you see the various themes such as premium themes, free themes, single column, two-column, grid, good for text, minimal, multiple layouts and high res. You can choose the most suitable category for you.
The Themes According to be Paid or Free
- Premium theme: The themes in this part are paid themes that were made by other users. You can buy them and the producers can earn money from their themes in this way.
- Free theme: You can edit your blog without pay. You can find so many Tumblr themes in this option.
The Themes According to Appearance
- Single column: if you tap there, you see all of the single column themes.
- Two-column: if you tap here, then you can see all of the two-column themes. The visitors on your page see more posts on the screen when your blog is opened.
The Themes According to Your Style
- Grid: It’s better for the blogs that share videos.
- Good for text: If you share/reblog the texts more than other post kinds, this option can be useful for your blog.
- Minimal: If you are a minimalist blogger, minimal themes can be done your style smoothly.
- Multiple layouts: The themes in multiple layouts are a little messy. This option includes multiple column themes and they are not regular in the dimension of posts.
- High res: It can be better for the blogs that photo-oriented.
After you determine your Tumblr theme, tap the ” save” button in the right top of the column.
The Second One: Create Your Own Theme
- You can make a custom HTML theme. To begin with, log in to your Tumblr account.
- Choose the ”account” in the right top.
- Click the ”Edit appearance” button.
- Tap the ”Edit theme” button in the ”website theme”
- You will see the options of the edit theme in the left as a column. Choose the ” Edit HTML” in the ”custom theme”.
- The codes of your blog appear on the left of the screen. You can make your own Tumblr theme in there with your code information. You can use or sell your theme.
You can’t edit your theme on the mobile application completely but you can change the color of background and accent.
Yes, you edit the appearance of your blog including the theme every time.
If you don’t want to sell your own theme to the other users, you want to add your theme to the ”free theme” part, you can do.
Tumblr presents so many options that the users can change, the ”edit theme” option is one of them. Since Tumblr lets the users create their world in the blog, users like it a lot. We believe that we help you with that subject by explaining well.