As people who use Snapchat know, when you take a photo or video, some filters appear as you slide to the left. Snapchat aims to make people use Snapchat more effectively in their daily activities, and that’s why, Snapchat filters, which we call Geofilters, are now available to users. Because it is so engaging, you may be wondering about this feature. We would like to tell you everything you need to know about Geofilters, as well as the making of a Snapchat Geofilter. Also, you’ll be informed about what a Snapchat filter size is and how to make a Snapchat filter.
What Is a Geofilter?
Geographic filters are a way to share where
you are via Filter Overlays. In other words, these filters allow mobile
users to add specific locations to photos, cities, or even stores that they can
share with their friends or followers via Snapchat. The location signals
of the smartphone determine where the user is and provide the appropriate Geographical
Filter based on that location.
If we’re talking about Geofilters, the first
thing to know is that there are two types of Optional filter types: Personal
- A Personal Geography Filter is a filter that does not contain any brand, business brand /name or
logo, and does not identify a business or brand. For example, you can send a
Personal Snapchat Geography Filter to celebrate a birthday or graduation.
- Business Geofilter is for someone who promotes a business or brand.
With this feature, you can create your filters
at any time, regardless of location or time.
The tools come with certain presets, such as
birthdays, weddings, work, and food. To see the filters available in your area,
take a photo or record a video, and then swipe the screen left or right.
Furthermore, you have to pay certain sums to
create these filters. Snapchat charges from these filters based on two things.
- The size of the area covered by your filter.
- The time your Geofilter is running.
How to Add a Geofilter in a Snap
First of all, you have to make your location settings turned on for your Snapchat app because Geofilters are only available in the scheduled areas. If you don’t turn on your location settings for the Snapchat app no matter if you are in the right area or not, you cannot get a single Geofilter.
- Go to your Phone Settings.
- Find Snapchat and tap to the Location
- Click to the ‘’While Using The
Now you are ready to use your Geofilters in
How to Create a Snapchat Filter From Your Computer
How to Pin Someone on Snapchat
Since its initial release in 2011, the famous messaging application Snapchat has kept adding new features to its arsenal. Watchword? Facilitation. Ind...
First, visit https://create.snapchat.com address, then click to Create a Filter option.
- If you want to design filters for
events such as graduation, wedding and birthday, you can choose from templates
on the drop-down page. These designs are easily customizable, so you don’t have
to deal too much.
- You can then customize the
category of your choice by entering your text, changing its color and adding
your graphics, including Bitmoji.
Alternatively, you can create your custom filter if you want. However, there are some rules that you must pay attention to.
What Are Snapchat Filter Restrictions
- You cannot use the names and
logos of trademarks.
- You cannot add offensive
- The filter you send to Snapchat
must be under 300 KB in PNG format with a transparent background, and it
should be 1080×1920 pixels or 1080×2340 pixels.
- Then, determine how long you want
your filter to be accessible. You can select a specific period, choose to make
it accessible for a single event that lasts at least one day or set a time for
a recurring event. For example, you can use this filter on a specific day of
each month. If you are designing it for an annual event, you can even set a
recurring annual filter so that it will refresh every year.
- Once we’ve set a date and time range,
we can switch to the location option. You can select a specific address by
searching or select the field of the filter that you want it to be accessible.
- However, don’t forget that your
area must be between 20,000 and 50,000,000 square feet. In the upper-right hand corner, you’ll notice
the price of your Geofilter filter will change as you change the size of your
- After selecting the location, you
set for your Filter. You’ll be taken to a summary page that shows the location you’ve
selected, a preview of the filter, the date and time it will be available, and
the cost. You can also preview the filter you designed before you buy it.
How to Create a Snapchat Filter From Your Phone
- If you can use graphic design programs or have design skills and time, you can make your custom filter and make Snapchat’s Geofilter all on your own.
- However, if you don’t have time and don’t have photoshop programs or design features, you can easily buy a Snapchat Geofilter on the internet.
Let’s see how to
make a Snapchat Filter:
- Open the app’s setting menu and click to the ‘’Filters and Lenses’’ section. Then select Filter.
- Choose a specific occasion for your Snapchat Geofilter.
- Now you should edit your Filter. You can easily add texts, Emojies, and Bitmojies.
- When you’re done, you must move to the Date step.
- Select a specific start time and a specific end time for your Geofilter. Moreover, move to the Location step.
- You must select a specific location for your filter to be active. By default, your application detects your location and offers you a suggested area around it, but you can set it yourself or customize it by selecting a specific address.
- Lastly, check out your design, and now you are ready to use your Geofilter.