Facebook is one of the oldest social media platforms in the world. It has around 2.5 billion monthly active users. Facebook is an actively used platform since 2004. It offers many things, including posting content to different places. So some users wonder how to make a Facebook post shareable.
Facebook changed the perspective of websites and blogs. It offered many things for people to communicate with each other. Users can act like they own the website and add their content. Indeed they are admins of their profile pages.
One of the most basic things you can do on Facebook is sharing posts. With Facebook’s latest updates, you can now post texts with backgrounds. This way, you can add more visibility to your posts to get noticed by more people.
If you think that your post has great content and want it to be spread out in your communities, you have to make your Facebook post shareable. It is possible to make your posts shareable; however, you might have to make some adjustments.
Let’s see how to make a Facebook post shareable.
Steps to Make Your Post Shareable
- Click on ‘What’s on your mind’ section at the top of your profile or feed page.
- Enter your content and get it ready to share.
- Before you click on Share, you have to select privacy.
- You can find the privacy settings of your post under your name. There is a box that says ‘Public’ or ‘Friends.’
- Click on the box and select who can view your post.
- Set your default settings and select ‘Public’ to make your post shareable. If the adjustment was already showing ‘Public,’ then your posts should already be shareable.
Now that you have selected ‘Public,’ every one will see and share your post. For your future posts, you can adjust the privacy from the Settings in your profile. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the header.
- Click on ‘Settings & Privacy.’
- Then click on ‘Settings.’
- Now click on ‘Privacy’ from the menu on the left.
- In the ‘Your Activity’ section, you will see ‘Who can see your future posts’ option.
- Click on ‘Edit’ next to that option and adjust it to ‘Public’ to make your posts shareable by everyone from now on.
How to Do it on Mobile
It is possible to make a Facebook post shareable from mobile as well. It is very easy and contains pretty much the same steps as before.
- Open the Facebook app and enter your content in ‘What’s on your mind’ section.
- Then, under your username, you will see two buttons that say ‘Friends or Public’ and ‘Album.’
- If the first button contains the ‘Public’ text, your post would already be shareable. Yet, if it isn’t, make it shareable by switching it to ‘Public.’
Bonus: Tips to Make Your Posts More Visible
Now that you have learned how to make your posts shareable, it is important to know how to make your posts visible.
If you want your posts to be shared, you probably want them to be seen by as many people as possible. That is why we give you some tips to make your posts more visible.
- Posting Time
One of the most important things is posting at the right time. If you want to reach as many people as possible, you have to do it when your audience would possibly be on Facebook.
As for general, this is after 6 or 7 pm on weekdays. Everyone would be at home, and it is most likely the best time to take a look at Facebook.
Another good time for weekdays is noon. When people eat their lunch at work, they try to relax before turning back to work.
Saturday night is not a good time for posting for weekends because most people usually have a plan for Saturday nights. Sunday morning wouldn’t be such a good time either. However, all day time except morning time would be good for posting on Sundays.
When people are scrolling through Facebook, they tend to look at things they are interested in and catch their eye.
To make your post interesting, you have to add some visual content to make it get noticed. If you’re posting a text, now you can add backgrounds, thanks to Facebook’s update. It helps to add visibility to our posts.
If you can find a photo related to your post, use it. A photo would quickly catch everyone’s eyes, especially if it is about their interest.
- Keep it Simple
Especially when you are writing a text, try to keep it simple by keeping it short. If you can’t write short, add as many paragraphs as possible to get a cleaner look for your text.
Avoid using complicated sentences. Keep the sentences short and understandable. It is a social media platform, after all. Noone would be interested in reading a text similar to an academic article.
FAQs About Facebook
To remove the Share button from your posts, just follow the same instructions on this article but when selecting who can see your posts in Privacy, select the ‘Friends’ option instead.
Go to the search bar on the top of the page, write something related to your post, and then click on search. Then select ‘Posts’ from the next page. When you are in the ‘Posts’ page, click on the ‘Posts From You’ button from the left menu. Now you can see who liked, shared, and commented on your posts.
Go to your Profile Photo and once you open the photo, click on Edit. Then click on the box that says ‘Public.’ Turn it into ‘Friends,’ and people shouldn’t be able to share it from now on.
Facebook now supports its users with the ability to create surveys and polls. Just go to your profile, and on the update status box, you’ll see the feature.
WhatsApp is owned by Facebook and works and shares information with Facebook and other companies owned by Facebook.
We have touched upon making a Facebook post shareable and some tips to make your posts more visible. It is pretty simple, you have to do it from your post’s privacy adjustments, or you can change the privacy adjustments from your profile.
Once you have changed your latest post’s privacy adjustments, Facebook will remember that adjustment for the next time you post something. That is why you don’t have to change it every time.