Tumblr is one of the leading microblogging sites that bloggers love. Tumblr is a fast blogging service that offers the most comfortable sharing opportunity among its competitors. In addition, the reason that this service is used a lot is that it provides quite comfortable sharing from smartphones too. However, we may need to log out of our Tumblr account for some reason. If you want to log out or switch between your blogs, you can do this in a very easy way. Now we will explain to you in detail how to log out of Tumblr. Depending on the device you are using, whether it’s Android or iPad, you should be following different instructions.
How to Log Out of Tumblr on PC
If you use Tumblr from your computer, you may need to log out of your Tumblr account from time to time for various reasons. In fact, this process, which is quite easy, can sometimes be complicated because the log out button on Tumblr is not a big and obvious button. Now you can easily log out of your Tumblr account by following the steps below:
- First, go to the Tumblr website from your computer.
- At the top right corner of the page, you will see your user icon. Click on it.
- Clicking on the user icon will open up the Account menu.
- At the top right of the menu screen, you will see the log out button. You can click this button to log out of your Tumblr account.
How to Log Out of Tumblr on Mobile
If you are using Tumblr on your mobile device, it may be a little difficult to find the sign out section. Unfortunately, the log out button on mobile devices can not be found so easily. You may need to log out of your Tumblr account for your security or for any reason. Instead of searching for the log out button individually from all parts of the menu, you can reach it effortlessly by following the steps we will explain right now:
- First of all, go to the Tumblr application on your mobile device.
- Click on the profile icon at the bottom right of the page. Now you will be on your Tumblr blog.
- You will see a gear icon at the top right of the screen. Click on it to go to your account settings.
- Now, you will see the General Settings section at the top of the menu, and please click on it.
- On the new page, scroll down the screen to the bottom, and you will finally see the log out button. Click on it, and you will be logged out of your Tumblr account.
How to Switch Blogs on Tumblr
Tumblr has a system that allows you to create multiple blogs using the same account. This feature also allows you to create and switch between multiple blogs without having to log out of your account. If the reason you want to log out of your Tumblr account is to switch to your other Tumblr blog, you do not need to log out because Tumblr has set up a transition system for blogs. Just like on platforms like Instagram and Twitter, you can switch between your accounts as you wish on Tumblr. You do not need to log out again and enter a password again for this process. Here are the steps:
- First of all, go to your Tumblr dashboard.
- Then, click on the account icon on the top right of the screen.
- At the bottom of the Account menu, you will see the list of your Tumblr blogs.
- Lastly, you should click on a different blog in this list for switching to another blog. That’s all! Now you are able to switch between your Tumblr blogs.
Conclusion on Logging Out of Tumblr
In this article, we told you how to log out of your Tumblr account. Sometimes you may be logged in to your Tumblr account from another device that does not belong to you, and you may need to log out for security purposes. Users can sometimes have trouble finding the logout button while on Tumblr.
This article showed you that this is a straightforward process. If you want to switch between your blogs, you can do this effortlessly without logging out of your account. Tumblr is efficient service and aims to make everything easy for its users, so you can enjoy your little blog as you wish.
How to Download Your Tumblr Blog
Since Tumblr announced its new regulations regarding banning adult content from the platform, many Tumblr users were looking for ways to back up their...
If you want to learn more about Tumblr, check out our other articles about it as well. You may be interested in how to delete your Tumblr account.