If you are looking for feasible ways to hide an account on Instagram with the safest way possible, let’s take a look at our article.
Instagram users, sharing personal photos and videos, actually provide a lot of personal information. It is not surprising that some users of the social network are thinking about limiting access to published materials.
In this case, the “Private Account” option exists for those who want to share information only with a certain number of people on Instagram.
Hide Your Instagram Account: Different Operating Systems
For those users who want to control access to their content, the question of how to hide an account on Instagram is very relevant.
Although this seems to be a complex process, it is actually a fairly simple operation.
Make Your Account Private: Windows
- Open your account on a web browser and go to your profile page.
- To the right of your name, click the Settings.
- In the menu appears, select the Privacy and Security.
- Check the box next to the ‘Private Account.’
Make Your Account Private: Android
The process of hiding an Instagram account for Android will take little to no time.
- Open the app and go to your profile page.
- Click the menu icon (3 horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the menu that opens, select Settings (at the bottom of the screen).
- Scroll down the list.
- Next to “Private Account“, move the button to the right. If the button changes its color to blue, the account is successfully hidden.
Make Your Account Private: iOS
You can hide your Instagram on iOS and deny access to the publications to profiles not following your account.
- Click the gear icon located on your Instagram profile page.
- Select the Account section.
- Move the “Private Account” button to the active position.
Changing Your Privacy Settings
Disabling privacy on Instagram is the same for all operating systems.
- When you make your account private, only the approved people will gain access to display your profile in its optimal shape.
- There are no limitations for hiding or unhiding your account. Therefore, you can redo these steps at any time you want and you’ll face no repercussions from Instagram for abusing their settings.
- Do not forget that certain tools designed for Instagram do not work on profile photos as APIs released by Instagram for developers do not work properly for private accounts.