If you are looking for feasible ways to hide an account on Instagram in the safest way possible, let’s look at our article. You can make your account private in almost no time with the little steps we listed below. If you want to remove an Instagram account, you can see how to do it by our articles.
Instagram users, sharing personal photos and videos, actually provide a lot of personal information. It is not surprising that some social network users are thinking about limiting access to published materials.
In this case, the “Private Account” option exists for those who want to share information only with a certain number of people on Instagram. You will lose from your visibility but gain privacy because it prevents you from getting stalked. If you make your profile private, people can find you; however, they can’t see your posts.
Hide Your Instagram Account: Different Operating Systems
For those users who want to control access to their content, the question of how to hide an account on Instagram is very relevant. It’s quite normal.
Although this seems to be a complex process, it is a fairly simple operation. You can complete this process and make your account hidden on Instagram with PC, Mac, and mobile devices.
Make Your Account Private: Windows or Mac
It is possible to hide your account on Windows or Mac in the same way. Here are the steps to make your account private:
- Open your account on a web browser like Chrome and Safari, go to your profile page right after.
- To the right of your name, click the Settings.
- In the menu appears, select the Privacy and Security.
- Check the box next to the ‘Private Account.’
Make Your Account Private: Android
The process of hiding an Instagram account for Android will take little to no time.
- Open the app and go to your profile page.
- Click the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the menu that opens, select Settings (at the bottom of the screen).
- Scroll down the list to continue.
- Next to “Private Account“, move the button to the right. If the button changes its color to blue, the account is successfully hidden.
Make Your Account Private: iOS
You can hide your Instagram on iOS and deny access to the publications to profiles not following your account.
- Tap the gear icon located on your Instagram profile page.
- Select the Account section to continue.
- Move the “Private Account” slider to make your account hidden.
Changing Your Privacy Settings
Disabling privacy on Instagram is almost the same for all operating systems. The main fundamentals are the same, but you may have to take different measures.
- When you make your account private, only the approved people will gain access to display your profile in its optimal shape.
- There are no limitations for hiding or unhiding your account. Therefore, you can redo these steps at any time you want, and you’ll face no repercussions from Instagram for abusing their settings.
- Do not forget that certain tools designed for Instagram do not work on profile photos as APIs released by Instagram for developers do not work properly for private accounts.
Conclusion: Making Your Profile Private
If you’re certain about hiding your account on Instagram, you should know that only a certain amount of people will be allowed to see your Feed, Instagram Stories, and interactions with people.
However, your existing followers won’t be affected by this decision. That means you have to manually pick out your old followers if you want any of them to stop seeing your posts and videos altogether.
How to Save Music on Instagram
Instagram is a highly popular social media platform that enables its users to create and share their own unique content. Such as pictures and videos t...
What Does CFS Mean on Instagram?
Instagram is one of the most preferred social media platforms. If you don’t have a business account on this platform, there are some features you will...
Besides, it’s impossible to set up a business or creator account on Instagram if you have a private profile. Therefore, you have to think carefully before making your account hidden.
However, there are no limitations on how many times you can switch between private and public profiles. Consequently, there is not much to worry about.
So, do you use Instagram as private, or are you planning to? Tell us why you decided to that right down in the comments.
Thank you for reading this article!