Instagram users, sharing personal photos and videos, actually provide a lot of personal information. It is not surprising that some users of the social network are thinking about limiting access to published materials. The “Private account” option exists for those who want to share information only with a certain number of people on Instagram.
How to Hide an Account On Instagram?
For those users who want to control access to their content, the question of how to hide an account in Instagram is very relevant. Although this seems to be a complex process, it is actually a fairly simple operation.
Hide in Instagram for Windows
- Open your account and go to your profile page.
- To the right of your name, click the Settings
- In the menu that opens, select the Privacy and Security
- Check the box next to Private account.
Hide in Instagram for Android
The process of hiding an Instagram account for Android will take little time.
- Open the app and go to your profile page.
- Click the Menu icon (3 horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the menu that opens, select Settings (at the bottom of the screen).
- Scroll down the list.
- Next to Hide account, move the button to the right. If the button changes color to blue, the account is successfully hidden.
Hide in Instagram for iOS
You can hide the account to Instagram on iOS and deny access to the publications to persons not subscribing to your account.
- Click the gear icon located on the Instagram profile page.
- Select the Account
- Move the Hide account button to the active position.
Disabling privacy on Instagram
Disabling privacy on Instagram is the same for all operating systems. Go to settings app and slide the button to Hide account in an inactive position (until grey).
We recommend that you read our previous article titled Couldn't Refresh Feed on Instagram 2019