SoundCloud has changed the music industry like never before. Online streaming platforms have been around for a while now. However, as a social music streaming platform, SoundCloud has various features that make it the best. The platform helps amateur, semi-pro, and pro artists reach their audience easier and get into interaction with them. Getting verified on SoundCloud is one of the ways that help you get recognized by others. However, when you ask how to get verified on SoundCloud, you may be wondering about two things: becoming a SoundCloud pro or verifying your email.
As in other social media platforms, the content is king on SoundCloud too. If you produce good quality music, you are more likely to be recognized and appreciated by others. As in also other social media platforms, engagement is the key to becoming famous on SoundCloud. No matter how much you think your music is good, it is the people who give you the interaction you need. Since listeners can show their appreciation or dislike easily through a social audio platform, it has proved to be easier for artists to be recognized by wider audiences. People can listen to their favorite audio and so easily share them with others. In this regard, we can say that SoundCloud has become a hub for promising artists.
How to Verify Email on SoundCloud?
If you haven’t received the verification email after creating your account and think you have waited enough to get the email, you can start by checking if there is any typo or the mail is in your spam folder. Another problem is that your email provider has bounced SoundCloud’s email confirmation. Here are some other steps that you can follow:
- Open your address book from your email settings.
- Add hello [at] soundcloud [dot] com to the address book.
- Later try re-sending the email verification from your account.
The Benefits of Becoming a “SoundCloud Pro”
If this is what you mean when you ask how to get verified on SoundCloud, you are asking for the orange star. As emphasized in the introduction of the article, getting verified by social networks is what increases the engagement of your profile. It should be admitted that the orange star on SoundCloud or the other verification symbols on other social media platforms has some attraction to them. They help you get the recognition and interaction that you want to have.
If you want to get verified on SoundCloud, you need to have SoundCloud’s paid-service, “SoundCloud Pro Unlimited.” The service costs $144 for a year. It has so many features that you can benefit from when increasing the popularity of your tracks and profile. Here are some of them:
- The first is, of course, you get a Pro badge on your profile.
- It provides additional masters at a discount and monetize and distribute with “Repost” for free.
- You can receive priority support.
- You can upload unlimited hours of any audio.
- It gives you access to many statistics, such as top listeners, countries, likes, plays by website, third-party apps, and RSS.
- Helps you access DAWs, VSTs, sample packs, and more.
- You get to master up to 3 free tracks each month.
- Lets you turn public comments on or off and control who can see public stats.
- You will be able to customize your profile better.
“Repost by SoundCloud” as Another Option
As another option to “SoundCloud Pro Unlimited,” “Repost by SoundCloud” also has some features that you can benefit to the maximum. With the service that costs $30 a year:
- You Can have promotional tools such as Pitch to playlists.
- Access to Featured Profiles, Track Background Art, and Banner Click-Throughs.
- You will have a one-year distribution licensing term.
- Get to keep 80% of your revenue while distributing unlimited music to other platforms such as Spotify, TikTok, Apple Music, and Instagram.
- Split payments with your collaborators and monetize unlimited music.
- Get to access to an expert team that works to accelerate your career.
FAQs about How to Get Verified on SoundCloud?
Although the number of users decreased in the last couple of years, the platform is still very popular and will keep being so among the less-known artists.
The answer to this question may change depending on what you are looking for. Spotify has a bigger library and navigation of songs. However,
In order to listen anonymously on SoundCloud, you need to click on the “Anonymous Listening” box in the “Account” tab in your “Settings.”
If you post a private track, it will only be available to you, whereas if you post a public track, it means that anyone can listen to it.
Unfortunately, you cannot hide your likes on SoundCloud as you cannot hide your re-posts and comments you have made.
How to Get Verified on SoundCloud In Short
In this article, we explained the difference between verifying your email on SoundCloud and verifying by getting the orange star. In other words, becoming a “SoundCloud Pro.”