In this article, we’ll talk about how to get verified on Instagram.
It really isn’t an easy task. It’s easy to apply for it, but Instagram rarely gives people the blue tick if they’re not a celebrity of sorts.
Other social networks have similar verification symbols. Facebook, Instagram’s owner, operates similarly, it also uses a white tick on a blue background symbol.
Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest also all have this verified status.
What is that blue checkmark anyway?
What Is Verification?
Verification on Instagram signifies authenticity. It means that you are who you say you are.
Getting verified on Instagram makes it sure that when people search for a specific account or a person, they find what they’re searching for.
If an account is verified, it means that the account is not an impostor, or a fake account, or a fan page.
But how Instagram operates on this verification process is different than YouTube, for example.
If you’re not a public figure or a celebrity of some sort, Instagram thinks that there’s no reason for anyone to impersonate you.
Hence it usually doesn’t give ordinary people the blue tick.
What Are Instagram’s Statements About Verification?
Instagram states that it’s up to them to determine who is a public figure and who is not.
This means even though you may think you have a good chance of getting verified, you may not end up getting it.
Instagram rejects the idea of the blue tick being a status symbol, but everybody uses it as such.
Moreover, even though Instagram seems strict on this, we see many users with the blue tick.
Currently, only Instagram accounts that have a high likelihood of being impersonated have verified badges.Instagram
How does this happen? We’ll find out.
How Can You Increase the Odds of Getting Verified?
Long story short, you need to become a public figure, global brand or a celebrity.
If you can become a real influencer, that’s how to get verified on Instagram.
However, you can increase the odds by getting verified on another platform.
Tips to Get Verified on Instagram
What a life, isn’t it, where our biggest trouble is how to get verified on Instagram.
Let’s have a look and find some useful tips to increase our chances.
Get More Followers and Engagement
If you want to be an influencer you need to have followers.
If you want to be a public figure you need to have engagement with your followers.
You can also buy Instagram followers to get a quick boost. We’re the best in the game.
Gain Popularity on Parallel Platforms
Which platform is similar to Instagram? Usually, we can say it’s YouTube.
Think about why you’d need to get verified.
Don’t only think about how to get verified on Instagram, also think of why.
It’s because people are going to search for your account on Instagram.
How can you achieve this?
By being popular in another platform!
There are a lot of YouTube and Musical.ly (also known as TikTok now) users who are verified on Instagram. People search for them.
Risk Getting Impersonated
As I mentioned early in this article, the main reason why Instagram verifies people is that it doesn’t want impostors to get on their platform.
So if you’re really ambitious on getting verified, then you need to keep a low profile at first.
Still, have a link to your other accounts and have your name in the bio.
But the risk of getting impersonated is your biggest chance of getting verified.
This is risky though, if Instagram realizes you’re doing this on purpose, you’ll be banned.
Seek Media Partner Support
Media partners can submit verification requests on behalf of public figures.
What does this mean for people who don’t live in Beverly Hills?
It means you need a media partner, a manager or an agent of sorts.
If you have this, Instagram has a much higher chance of seeing you as a celebrity.
What Are the Requirements to Apply for a Verified Badge?
We look at a number of factors when evaluating Instagram accounts to determine if they’re in the public interest and meet our verification criteria.
- The account must represent a real person or brand.
- There may only be one account per brand/person. Exceptions are accounts for individual international markets.
- The account must be public and Business Account.
- The profile must have a completed bio.
- It needs a profile photo and at least one photo.
- There must be no references to profiles in other social networks.
- The person or brand must be known, often sought after and represented in the media.
In addition to following Instagram’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, your account also needs to be:
- Authentic: Your account must represent a real person, registered business or entity.
- Unique: Your account must be the unique presence of the person or business it represents. Only one account per person or business may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts. We don’t verify general interest accounts (example: @puppymemes).
- Complete: Your account must be public and have a bio, profile photo, and at least one post. Your profile can’t contain “add me” links to other social media services.
- Notable: Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand or entity. We review accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and we don’t consider paid or promotional content as sources for review.
Keep in mind that if you provide false or misleading information during the verification process, they will remove your verified badge and may take additional action to delete your account.
What Are Instagram Verification Services?
There are websites and people who do this for you.
We’re sure you’ve seen these on the internet a lot. They charge high fees for this service. Is that necessary?
Nope. Is it safe? Nope!
They claim to make your account “verified account” status within a few days and guarantee it.
However, there is no guarantee of anything. Only Instagram can guarantee it.
Giving your password to others is dangerous for your account security.
We’ve told you how to do this above. You can do it yourself without the need for someone else.
It only takes a few minutes.
How to Apply to Get Verified?
It is very easy to apply to get verified on Instagram. Please follow these steps below.
- Open your profile page on Instagram.
- Go to the “Settings” page.
- Click on the “Request Verification” link at the bottom.
- Fill in the form and upload your documents that requested.
- That is all!
After this process, in 15-30 days you will get a reply from Instagram customer support.
If everything goes well and the information you provide is correct, you will receive a blue checkmark within a month.
If not, you can apply and try your chance again.
What Happens After I Get Verified?
Don’t think you’ll get a medal or anything!
It is a simple process for your Instagram account and anyone can apply for it.
- Your username becomes more prominent and a blue checkmark is added to it. So everybody knows it’s the real account.
- Also, some usage limits are removed.
- But most importantly, you ensure the security of your account.
Now that you have learned how to get verified on Instagram, so you can make your first application now! If you don’t get any results from your application, wait a month or a while and try again.
Can Instagram Retract My Verification?
Even if Instagram does not constantly monitor the verified accounts, violations of the verification frameworks may result in their being revoked.
So, if you set links to other social profiles, delete all pictures or commit other “stupidities”, you can lose the checkmark for good.
The same applies to the sale or transfer of the user account.
In this article, we talked about how to get verified on Instagram.
I’d talk a lot more, but it’s quality over quantity guys. Such is life, right.
Honestly, even though if you try your hardest, you may not get the blue tick.
Best of luck!