Snapchat is officially not available for Mac or PC, which means you may be stuck into the mobile app for your Snaps and conversations with your friends on the platforms.
However, there are ways to open Snapchat on Mac if you play your cards right. In this post, we will guide you on how to do that through our detailed guide down below.
Let’s dive in and find some answers and start using Snapchat on our favorite OS.
About Snapchat and macOS Integration
Snapchat is one of those unique apps that you can get more personal with your friends because you know your Snaps are going to get deleted after being viewed by the recipient.
As we mentioned, privacy and the fleeting nature of its Snaps is probably one of the bigger reasons for the app’s popularity. You can chat and send photos all you want, but nobody can store them without your consent.
With stats showing almost 203 million daily users, you can definitely say that Snapchat has come a long way from its initial launch in 2011.
Why There Isn’t a Snapchat App on Mac?
Although there isn’t an official Snapchat app for Mac yet, late last year, in Apple’s Keynote presentation, they announced that they are bringing Snapchat to the macOS. However, you can still get Snapchat on Mac.
You can expect this platform integration to happen probably sometime this year, and we’ll be the first to announce it when the app drops.
To download Snapchat on Mac, you need to allow your Mac to install apps from other developers. Also, you need to have a Google Play Store account too.
If you don’t have an account on Google, you can sign-up easily from the link.
How to Download Snapchat on Mac (Emulator)
- First thing first, On your Mac and go to the “System Preferences” section.
- Then, select the “Security and Privacy” tab to continue with the process.
- After that, navigate your way through to the “General” tab.
- At the bottom of the screen, you should see an option that says, “Allow apps downloaded from the App Store and unidentified developers.”
- Next, you’re going to need an Android emulator. What this does is allow you to use apps normally created for Android devices only.
- Now, Install the app called “Andy,” look it up on Google, and you’ll find more about it.
- Then, start the Emulator program to proceed.
- Sign in to the emulator with your Google account if you have one.
- Link your Google account to the emulator to get access to the Snapchat app.
- Go to the Google Play Store and locate Snapchat by searching its name.
- Download Snapchat by clicking on the download button.
- Log into Snapchat with your app credentials.
- Now you will be able to use Snapchat on your Mac. You can even send Snaps if you have a proper webcam installed.
Conclusion on Getting Snapchat on Mac
Snapchat is a great app, and its popularity is rising again against the decisive move of Instagram Stories.
The lost users are making their return to the platform day by day, and people are looking out for ways to use the platform on PC and Macs. Unfortunately, there isn’t an official app for Snapchat on Mac yet.
Snapchat cameos allow you to create funny profiles using your face. With the development of the Snapchat platform, new add-ons are coming your way eve...
However, Apple officials declared that a Snapchat integration is coming to Mac, and we should expect it to be launched later this year.
Until then, we have to stick with Android emulators to utilize Snapchat on Macs, but it’s not going to take much from your overall experience on the platform as you can do everything with an Android emulator that you can do on your regular mobile device.
So, do you use Snapchat? Share your username with us, so we can add you as a friend when Snapchat launches on Mac and celebrate this beano altogether.
Thanks for reading this article!