Currently in 2019, there isn’t Snapchat officially available for Mac however there are ways to get snapchat on mac. In this post we will guide you on how to do that.
About Snapchat and Mac
Snapchat is one of those unique apps that can you can get more personal with your friends because you know your snaps are going to get deleted after being viewed. This is probably one of the bigger reasons for its popularity. With stats showing almost 200 million daily users you can definitely say snapchat have come a far way from its initial launch in 2011. Although there isn’t snapchat for mac yet. Late last year in Apples keynote they announced that they are bringing Snapchat on mac. You can expect that probably sometime this year.
In order to download snapchat on Mac, you need to allow your mac to Install apps from other developers as well as have a Google Play Store account. If you don’t have an account on Google you can sign-up from play.google.com.
- First off; On your mac, open “System Preferences”
- Then, Select “Security and Privacy”
- Next, Go to the “General” tab
- At the bottom you should see an option “Allow apps downloaded from the App Store and identified developers”
- Next, you’re going to need an android emulator. What this does is allow you to use Apps normally created for Android devices only.
- Now, Install an App called “Andy” look it up on Google and you’ll find it
- Then, start the Emulator program
- Sign in with your Google account
- Link your account with the emulator
- Go to the Play Store and locate Snapchat
- Download Snapchat
- Log into Snapchat
- Now you will be able to use SChat on your Mac. You can even send snaps if you have a webcam.