Steam ID is like your TR ID number. Every Steam user has their own unique Steam ID starting with 765. When you add an example person, type their nickname, and there will be many players with the same nickname, but when you search with their Steam ID, you will find the profile page of the person you are looking for directly.
- You can then find the Steam ID by finding the Steam URL in the profile tab of the application.
- Your personal Steam ID is a unique 17-digit number that can be used to link others to your profile or third-party apps.
On Steam, multiple people may have the same username at the same time. This makes it easy to get the desired display name but often causes problems when trying to search for a particular account. Fortunately, Steam uses a unique string of numbers (called your Steam ID) to keep track of each account. You can then use this 17-digit ID to link others to your account, or you can use them in third-party tools like SteamDB. Now we’ll tell you how to find it.
Finding Your Steam ID
- Open the Steam application and then log in.
- Click the button at the top of your screen then open your profile – your profile name is indicated in capital letters.
- You will see a URL below the button. This long string of numbers in the URL is your Steam ID.
- If you can’t see it then, click “Steam” at the top of the window (on a Mac, the menu bar at the top of the screen) then select “Settings” (“Preferences” on a Mac).
- Click the “Interface” item in the left sidebar in the menu that opens then.
- Check the box that says “Show Steam URL address bar when available.
Then, if the URL bar has not been shown to you before, please go to the settings menu and tick the checkbox.
- Click “OK” then return to your profile.
- The number at the end of the URL will then be included in your Steam ID.
FAQ on Finding Your Steam ID
You can find the Steam ID by finding the Steam URL in the application’s profile tab.
Steam is an online shopping platform directed exclusively to video games.
If the URL bar has not been shown to you before, please go to the settings menu and tick the checkbox.
You can use this 17-digit ID to link others to your account, or you can use them in third-party tools like SteamDB.
Every Steam user has their own unique Steam ID starting with 765.
Conclusion on Finding Your Steam ID
In this article, we have learned the basics and then covered the topic ‘How to Find Your Steam ID’. I hope we were able to help you out with this. But then again, if you feel like you need similar info for another social media platform, namely Instagram, let us be at your service. Here’s an article on how to find yourself a username on Instagram.