When it’s your first time opening a social media account the first thing you must learn is how to find some on snapchat. What is the point of “Social” media without having friends? When you want to find someone on snapchat you’ll come to learn that there are several ways to do so. In the post we will guide you through to add people on snapchat.
The most obvious is adding someone using their username. You can do that by;
- Opening snapchat
- Then, on your camera screen you will see a little user icon with a plus beside it, press that
- Then type in their name in the search
- Add them and wait for them to accept
But what if you don’t have their username? There are a few different ways. You will need certain pieces of information though. Either you need their snapcode, or their phone number connected with Snapchat.
How to find someone on snapchat without their username;
You can ask them for their snapcode or give them yours. To find your Snapcode;
- Open Snapchat
- Tap on the little head in the top left corner
- Then, tap on the square with the black dots with a head in the middle(that’s your snapcode)
- Tap on “Save Snapcode” or “Share URL” (Saving snapcode saves a picture of your code to your camera roll
- Send your friend the link or the picture of your Snapcode
To add someone with a snapcode;
- First, go to add friends
- To the right of the search bar you’ll see a little snapchat ghost. Tap that.
- It’ll pull up your camera roll where you can click on the picture with the snapcode.
- Snapchat will automatically find the account that corresponds with the Snapcode.
If you have their phone number (which you probably do if they are your friend);
- Then you will see them in the quick add section in Snapchat
- If you don’t see them tap on “All Contacts” right next to “quick add”
- All contacts in your phone that have Snapchat connected to the number you have saved will be shown
- If they are shown as “invite to snapchat” then either you have the wrong phone number or their phone number isn’t connected with their snapchat.
Pages that may be of interest to you: https://www.instafollowers.co/blog/what-is-snapchat
We recommend that you read our previous article titled How to Delete Snapchat Messages