When it’s your first time opening a social media account on Snapchat, the first thing you must learn is obvious: how to find someone on Snapchat.
What is the point of “social” media without having friends? When you want to find someone on Snapchat, you’ll come to learn that there are several ways to do so.
In this post, we will guide you through to add people on Snapchat.
How to Add Someone on Snapchat with Username
The most obvious is adding someone using their username. You can do that by following the steps below.
- First of all, launch the Snapchat app.
- Then, on your camera screen, you will see a little user icon with a plus beside it, tap that right away.
- After that, type in the username of the person you want to add to your account.
- Almost there. Send them a request and wait for them to accept it.
However, what if you don’t have their username? There are a few different ways. You will need certain pieces of information though.
- Either you need their Snapcode or their phone number that was connected with Snapchat.
How to Find Someone on Snapchat with Their Snapcode
If you don’t have the username of the person you want to add as a friend, you can ask them for their Snapcode or give them yours.
To find your Snapcode:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap on the little head icon in the top left corner.
- Then, tap on the square with the black dots with a head icon in the middle (that’s your Snapcode).
- Tap on “Save Snapcode” or “Share URL” (Saving the Snapcode download a picture of your code to your camera roll).
- Send your friend the link or the picture of your Snapcode.
To add someone with a Snapcode:
- First, open the Snapchat app and go to the “Add Friends” section.
- To the right of the search bar, you’ll see a little icon with the Snapchat ghost. Tap that.
- This will pull up your camera roll where you can tap on the picture with the Snapcode.
- Snapchat will automatically find the account that corresponds with the Snapcode.
How to Find Someone on Snapchat with Their Phone Number
If you’re an old school lover who doesn’t want to deal with QR codes and such, you can simply use your friend’s cell number to find them on the app.
However, the number should be linked to their account in order for you to find them.
If you have their phone number (which you probably do if they are your friend):
- In that case, you will see the person you want to add in the “Quick Add” section in Snapchat.
- However, if you don’t see them, tap on “All Contacts” right next to “Quick Add.”
- All contacts on your phone that have Snapchat connected to the number will be shown on this screen.
- If you see an option as “invite to Snapchat” beside their name, then either you have the wrong phone number or their phone number isn’t connected with their Snapchat account.
Conclusion – Find Your Friends Easier
Considering that Snapchat is an application where you mainly share your memories with friends and have conversations with them, finding them to utilize the app better is essential.
If you have their username, it’s almost a no brainer to find and add them as a friend on Snapchat. However, if you don’t have this specific information, you’ll have to go with a Snapcode of yours or theirs.
As a last resort, you can try adding them by their phone number. If you fail to do so, this means that the person is probably not using the application.
So, how many friends you have on Snapchat? Would you wish to have more of them? Let us know right down in the comments.