Since Tinder has entered our lives, many people have been actively using this dating app. It has almost become rare to find someone who’s not using Tinder anymore. If you are not using Tinder anymore, or have never used it, it is likely that you are confusing at some point whether the person you are talking to uses Tinder. Using Tinder can now be a very confusing problem for relationships. If you are wondering if the person you met, your lover, or just a friend is using Tinder, we think this article will help you. Now we will tell you in detail how to find out if someone is on Tinder.
How to Find Someone on Tinder?
As Tinder is gaining popularity all over the world, more and more people are using this app, and it is very normal to wonder if the person you suspect is using Tinder. Unfortunately, it is true that some of the users in Tinder have a relationship or are married.
So when people hear the frequency of using Tinder application today, they can think about whether people in their lives are using Tinder and cheating on them.
If you want to find out that you have been cheated on by your lover or if you are just wondering if a normal friend is using the Tinder application, you cannot find out directly because you cannot find someone by their name in Tinder. But there are several ways to find out if someone you know uses Tinder:
- If you do not have a Tinder account, you have to join Tinder and find them.
- You can look at their last location.
- You can find the person you are looking for by using some paid services.
If you are not sure about whether your partner or friend is using the Tinder app, you need to download Tinder application to your mobile device to find them out. Since Tinder application is based on location, after you downloaded and joined the app, you will probably see the person you were searching if they are using Tinder. You can join Tinder with your Facebook account or phone number. Here is how to do it:
- Open your mobile device and download the Tinder application to your phone.
- You can sign in with your Facebook account or your mobile phone number, choose one of them.
- If you register via Facebook, Tinder will transfer all your Facebook information. If you register via the phone number, you must enter your information one by one.
- After that, give Tinder the necessary permissions and complete your registration.
- Now edit your profile, fill your biography and add some photos.
- Now go to your main goal, the Explore section. This section is the part that allows you to see other users. In this section, you determine the profiles that you want to appear.
- You can filter people by criteria such as age, gender, and distance. In this part, please do not lose yourself and enter the characteristics of your dream person. Remember that you came here specifically to search for someone.
- Enter the characteristics of the person you are trying to find in the application. Then you will see profiles that meet the criteria of the person you are trying to find out.
- Since the person you are trying to find is close to your location, and if this person is using Tinder, their profile will appear on your screen. So swipe the screen to the left until that person’s profile appears.
Look at Their Last Location
There is another obvious way to find out if your partner is still using Tinder. When the Tinder application is off, Tinder cannot access your location. Yet, when using the application, it can access and update your location. If you update your location on Tinder, Tinder will bring the people who are close to your location on your screen; making them able to see it. So someone who still uses Tinder will change their location without thinking. This means that if a person’s location has changed or is changing, it means that they are still using this application.
This is significant evidence because if someone does not open their Tinder account, their location status will not be updated. But if they open their account and use it, their location will be immediately connected to the app, and their new location will be updated.
Get Support From Third-Party Apps
There are some applications and sites in Tinder that are produced to find the person you are looking for. Two of the most prominent services are CheaterBuster (previously known as SwipeBuster) and Albion Services.
After entering the name, age and location of the person you are trying to find out to these services, they will ask you for an email address to deliver the search result. Of course, these applications are paid, but if you cannot ask them if they are using Tinder, or if you do not think you can learn the truth by asking them, you can get support from these applications.
No, it is not possible to specifically search for someone by name in Tinder. You can call a specific person by their name in Tinder only if you have matched that before.
Of course. However, if your partner is using Tinder secretly and hiding it, it would not be expected to change their profile photo and biography. But if you encounter such a situation, this is a huge proof for you too.
This is also an option, but if the person you are trying to find out is using Tinder secretly, it is expected that the person has thought about it and has already closed their location. But if that person did not think about it, you can ask your friend to open their Tinder account and swipe until they find the person you are looking for.
In this article, we tried to resolve your doubts. Of course, the way to learn the truth is to ask that person openly, but unfortunately, we no longer live in such a well-intentioned world. Sometimes we have to find the truth about our doubts ourselves.
We have listed the things you can do to find out if someone is on Tinder. You can open a Tinder account, or get help from some apps or from a friend. We hope you will not find out that you have been cheated on after trying these methods. And we hope that you will still have a lover after this article without being heart broke.
If you want to learn more about Tinder, please read our latest articles about it. You may be interested in how to reset Tinder.