Instagram Stories is a feature by Instagram that allows users to post photos and videos containing snippets of their life to their “Story,” which will disappear after 24 hours. Though Snapchat originally introduced the concept, Instagram Stories became even more popular than it’s originator by having half a million people using Stories every day in 2020. With it’s easy to digest, fast-paced and temporary nature, Stories is not just a fun feature for private users to document their lives, but also a vital part for companies’ marketing activities by providing a space to connect with their consumer a less curated and more authentic way. If you, too, are considering making more Instagram Stories, here are some tips on how to edit Instagram Stories to make them more interesting and engaging.
How to Create And Edit an Instagram Story?
Instagram offers a wide variety of tools to edit your Instagram Story to make them unique. Let’s take a look at the steps on how to create and edit your Instagram posts.
- Open the Instagram App on your mobile device and click on the camera icon on the top left corner.
- You can share a picture that you have already taken by swiping up on your screen and accessing your camera roll.
- To take a picture, just tap the white circle at the bottom of the screen.
- By tapping and holding the white circle, you can record a video.
- You can add filters to your photo or video by swiping left or right.
Now it is time to jazz up your photo or video. Here are some creative tools you can find at the top of the screen that you can use to edit your Instagram Story:
Add Text to Your Story
You can add a text to your Story to give more context by following the steps below.
- Tap “Aa” on the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose a text style.
- You can center your text or align it left or right by clicking on the icon with vertical text lines.
- Pinch and zoom the text with two fingers to rotate or change the size of the text.
- You can choose a color for your text by tapping the colors at the bottom of the screen. You can also select a text color by tapping and holding a circle for a custom color.
- To pin a text to a certain spot at your video, tap and hold the text. Scroll through the video by using the slider bar to see where you want to pin it. Tap pin.
Draw On Your Photo or Video
You can add drawings or scribbles to your stories in order to give your stories a personal touch. Follow these easy steps to do it:
- Tap the curvy line to draw on your photo or video.
- Choose one of the brushes or drawing tools at the top of the screen.
- You can adjust the thickness of the line by using the slider on the left of the screen.
- Select color by tapping the colors at the bottom of the screen or use the drop icon to select a color. You can do it from anywhere on the screen.
Use Instagram Stories Stickers
Instagram Stories stickers are not just a fun addition to your story. Stickers will also help you get more engagement and make your stories perform better by showing them to a wider audience. While GIFs and emojis can set a mood, hashtag and location stickers will increase your reach. Using polls, countdowns, and questions are a great way to encourage your audience to engage with your stories. Also, don’t forget to check out the daily and seasonal stickers.
Use Instagram Stories Editing Apps
Instagram stories editing apps can enhance your stories by providing templates, layouts, Instagram story backgrounds, stock images, and many other tools to personalize your content. You can find the best fit for your editing needs online or in app stores.
How to Edit Instagram Story Highlights?
If you don’t want your story to disappear after 24 hours, you can create an Instagram Story Highlight, which will stay pinned on your profile page. Follow these steps to create and edit an Instagram Stories Highlight.
- Go to your profile and tap on the plus sign or tap Story Highlights.
- Choose the stories you want to add to your highlight and tap “Next.”
- Choose a cover photo and add a name to your Highlight.
You can add new stories to your Highlight anytime by pressing and holding on the Highlight and tapping “Edit Highlight.” To delete a Highlight, tap and hold the Highlight, tap “Delete Highlight,” then tap delete.
FAQs on How to Edit Instagram Stories
You can add music to your Instagram Story by using the “Music” sticker. Unfortunately, this feature is not available in every region because of copyright issues.
If the video you shoot is up to 60 seconds, Instagram will divide the video into 15-second segments that will play one after the other. If your video is longer, you can check out some third-party apps to edit your videos.
You can add hashtags to your Instagram Story by using a hashtag sticker or by using the text tool and entering a hashtag. (e.g. #example )
You can make Instagram Story polls by using a polls sticker. Just tap on the polls sticker and write your question in the text field.
If you want to delete a photo or video from your story, open your story, tap more in the bottom right, and tap delete.
Conclusion on How to Edit Instagram Stories
In this article, we have gone through the significance of Instagram Stories, various ways to edit your Stories and Story Highlights. There are many fun creative tools provided by Instagram itself to create a unique Instagram Story. Nonetheless, using additional Instagram Stories editing apps can also help you to create eye-catching stories.