Periscope is a widely used video streaming platform. You can find almost any kind of video on Periscope. Once you sign in, you will discover broadcasters that you would be interested in. Videos on Periscope can be viewed after the broadcast but they are deleted in 24 hours after the stream. If you have a video that you are interested to watch but do not have time, you wonder how to download Periscope videos.
Periscope users have always wondered how to download videos. Unfortunately, there is no way to watch videos offline, unless it is your video. If you want to download your own broadcasts, it is easy because there is an official way to do it.
You can download your videos from Periscope Analytics. Yet, to download others’ videos you will have to use third-party apps.
Let’s take look at how to download Periscope videos from Periscope Analytics;
- Go to your profile page by clicking on your ‘Profile Picture’
- Choose the video you want to download.
- Click on the Request File’ button.
- After a short process, click on the ‘Download’ button.
After following these steps, your video will be downloaded. However, this is only possible on the web version, you cannot download your own videos from the mobile app this way.
It is possible to download your videos to your mobile as well, but its steps are quite different. You can do this through the ‘Autosave Settings’ on your mobile app. Here are the steps to adjust the Autosave Settings:
- Go to your Account.
- Select Settings.
- Click on ‘Autosave Broadcast.’
When you turn on Autosave, you can find your video in the gallery of your device after you stop broadcasting.
Now let’s take a look at how to download others’ videos on Periscope. Like we mentioned before, you cannot download videos from other users through Periscope. You need to use third-party apps. What are third-party apps and how to download Periscope videos from them?
The Third-Party Apps
There are several third-party apps for downloading Periscope streams of others. Some of these apps are such as the following;
GetVideo.at is a video downloading website. You can download any kind of video from here. Their supported services include YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Dailymotion, Instagram, Vevo, Vimeo, IMDB, Myspace, VK, OK, Rutube and many others.
- It is very simple to use. Just copy the URL of the video and paste it on the search bar of GetVideo.
- Click on the blue ‘Search’ button.
- After the search, GetVideo will show you the video length, its name, and a download link to convert the video in the mp4 format.
For downloading videos on mobile devices, you can use GetVideo as well by following the same steps, but if you do not want to go ver this process, there is an app called Scpoedown.
Scopedown is a Periscope video downloader application. You can download Scopedown from Google Play. Unfortunately, it is not available for the iOS App Store.
- It works in a similar way to GetVideo. You copy the video link and paste it on the search bar.
- Then you click on ‘Download’ and the video will be stored on your device. Keep in mind that Scopedown downloads videos in the TS format not mp4. It means video files would be larger than mp4.
As an alternative to downloading, you can use screen recording tools to capture the video. If you are using Mac, it is quite simple through macOS. Here are the steps:
- Start Quick Time Player.
- From the File menu click on ‘New Screen Recording.’
- Click on the ‘Record’ button.
- Drag your mouse and capture the video zone or you can go fullscreen.
It is possible to record on Windows too. However, you cannot select a specific zone for recording, you have to record full-screen.
To initiate the screencasting menu, press the Windows Key + G. Then click on the ‘Record’ button from the Capture menu.
It is not monitored, that is why streamers are very comfortable in front of the camera.
You can watch Periscope videos without an account. That way streamers cannot see you watching, however, you would not be able to interact with them either.
Yes, it is completely free but it eats up data more than usual apps.
Conclusion – Downloading Periscope Videos
We have answered ‘how to download Periscope videos?’ question. We explained how you can download your own videos from the Periscope Analytics, and downloading others’ videos through the third-party apps.
We also mentioned, how to screen record the broadcasts as an alternative to downloading. Learn more about Periscope through our latest articles.