You can download all historical data from your Facebook account. We recommend that you back up your account before you permanently close it. To back up your account, download a copy of Facebook data at the bottom of the General Account Settings section. Just click the link. When backing up your Facebook account, you can download all the information to your computer. If you just want to download your photos and videos, you should specify this on the backup page. Posts, photos, videos, comments, likes, phrases, friends, followers, followed, messages, groups, events, profile information, pages, payment history, saved content, places, ads, search history, location history, searches, entire archive, login information, and network information can be downloaded.
You should download Facebook data because you may need it later. That’s why, we will explaining how to download the data on Facebook. You can follow the steps simply and get the data on your folders.
Why Should I Download?
Facebook is a platform with many memories and friends. It is the largest social media site where unforgettable friendships, sharing, and feelings are experienced. For any reason, even if you want to close your account, you do not want to delete old memories and information. The only way to do this is to download data if you regret it in the future and want to bring it back. Let’s say you have a Facebook page and you decided to delete it. After learning how to delete a Facebook page, you should download whole data because you may want to start posting again. You can download;
- Followers and followed
- Profile information
- Payment history
- Saved content
- Search History
- Location History
- Entire archive
- Login information
- Network information
Downloading Your Facebook Data
If you need to download your data on Facebook, you can download it on your computer or mobile phone. You can find the steps to download Facebook data for desktops and smartphone. You can download your posts by using tools like Facebook Video Downloader, however, if you need to download all your data, you must follow the steps on your account.
How to Download Facebook Data on Mobile App
It is possible to download Facebook data on your mobile phone with the app. Here are the steps to download Facebook data.
- Tap on your profile icon at the bottom.
- Scroll down, and you will see the Setting&privacy. Tap on and choose settings.
- Tap on the “Profile settings” button.
- Scroll down, and find “Download profile information”.
- Choose your preferences.
- Tap on the “Create file” button.
How to Download Facebook Data on Desktop
You can follow the steps below to download your data from your computer.
- After clicking your profile picture icon, enter the “Settings&Privacy” menu.
- Open “Settings” and then “Privacy”.
- Click on the “Your Facebook information” button.
- You can see the “Download profile information” section. Click on the “view” button.
- Specify which data you want to download.
- Click on “Request a download”.
After you complete the steps, you will encounter a zip file; just open the files using a zip software, or if you’re working in Windows 10, just right-click the file and choose extract all. After extracting the files, double-click the index.htm file to discover your information.
Things to Consider
You should also pay attention to several folders to browse to access your photos, videos, and messages. When it turned out that Facebook used this data, it created a debate among social media users. There were even some actions in response to this. But still, nothing changed. Because the Facebook service contract clearly states that the company uses these data. It does all the social media sites, not just Facebook. Data is shared with 3rd party companies for advertising purposes. So briefly, No one is safe on social media. You should know that.
It Doesn’t Work! How to Fix?
You tried to download Facebook data, but didn’t it work? Let’s check the possible issues:
- There may be a problem with the data download link. You must notify Facebook customer service to correct this.
- Your internet connection may not be enough to download the data file. Turn off the modem and refresh your internet connection.
- The request for data download may have been incomplete or incorrect. Try again
- The device to which you want to download the data (PC or mobile device) may not have enough storage space. In such cases, your download may fail. Clear your HDD and try again.
To Conclude, Downloading Facebook Data
We have shown you how to download your data on Facebook. I hope this article was helpful to you. After you download your data on Facebook, you will be relax about your account because you will not have a anxiety about loosing your data. No matter if you want to delete your account or you don’t want, you should download the data for any case of problem.