Isn’t it quite difficult to use the phone while browsing the computer? One of the things that Instagram users are most curious about is how to send DM on Instagram on a PC, like on a mobile device. In this article, we will explain in detail how to send Instagram Direct Message from the computer, so you won’t have to look at the phone while browsing the internet.
Instagram is the most popular social media tool of the recent period and is the easiest way to capture and share the best moments of your life. On Instagram, you can not only keep your photos as a memory, but also you can keep your conversations too, via Direct Message.
What Is A Direct Message?
Direct Message, also known as DM, allows you to send private messages to a specific Instagram user or to a group of people you choose on Instagram. You can send a direct message to your friend, to your family or someone you want to meet. You can even send messages or photos to famous people, but I can not guarantee they will answer. In short, you can send a message to anyone you want. Moreover, you can also use DM to send videos and photos, someone else’s posts, stickers, links, locations, and more.
How to Send A Direct Message on Computer?
Let’s say you want to use your computer to send a direct message or to check your messages directly on Instagram. Even if you can use a web browser to use Instagram on your PC, you can not find the Direct Messaging service as an option when you are using a web browser. However, it is actually quite easy to use Instagram’s Direct Message service on your computer; there are generally two options:
- You have to download the Instagram application to your computer, from the Windows App Store. (Windows 10)
- Alternatively, you have to download an Emulator program to your computer.
If you need further assistance, you can check the official Instagram Help page.
What Is an Emulator Program?
An emulator is a program that is developed for android games and applications that allow us to use the computer or tablet program. Therefore, to send a direct message on Instagram on a computer, you should install an emulator program on your computer where the application will run.
There are too many emulator programs to use Android applications from the computer. Thanks to these emulator programs, you can turn your computer into a platform where you can run Android applications and games. In this way, you can use all the Android games and applications on your phone from your computer as if you were on a mobile device.
Send DM on Instagram on PC for Windows 10
- Download Instagram for Windows application from the Windows App Store.
- Run the program on your computer.
- Now you can send a direct message to someone by clicking the Direct Message button.
- If you want to check your messages, click the arrow icon and go to the conversation section to view your messages.
Send DM on Instagram on PC via BlueStacks
As I mentioned above, there are too many Emulator programs, and when we examine emulator programs, we may encounter some programs like Andy, BlueStacks, AMIDuOS, Nox, and more. However, in this article, we will refer to talk about BlueStacks, as BlueStacks is on our top priority.
BlueStacks is a top-rated Android application emulator for the computer. This program is free, and you can use it on your MacBook too.
How to Use BlueStacks?
- Download the program, which is about 250 MB, on your computer.
- After that, install and run BlueStacks on your computer.
- You must have a Google account because the program will ask for your Google account information to use the application.
- Within the program, download the Instagram app from the Google Play Store.
- Once the download is complete, you can open the Instagram app.
- Now, you can log in to Instagram with your username and password.
This is the easiest way to send Direct Messages on your computer on Instagram. You can also do video sharing, picture sharing, photo liking, and much more. To sum up, you can use Instagram on the computer in the same way you use it on the phone.
Yes. It is possible to do so. However, you have to use an emulator or a third-party plugin to send a direct message on PC.
No, there are no restrictions for DMs on PC. Just like on your mobile app, you can send any message you want to any Instagram user.
Yes, all third-party softwares can harm your account as they will have access to your personal information. It is up to you to trust or not trust these applications.