One of the most fun features of Instagram is the messaging system. This system, which is very practical and easy, allows members to communicate and chat. But unfortunately, many users still do not know how to dm someone on Instagram. We will try to give you a few tips on this. And so, you will understand how easy it is. If you are a new user on Instagram and you do not know its properties, it is normal that you do not know it.
A direct message (dm) is a type of message that you can send only to specific people. You can send a post that contains photos and videos, although they will disappear after the receiver has looked at them. Instagram DMs is a tool to reach people directly. If Instagram users are not connected with sending you a DM, you will see it as a message request. It is up to you to accept or ignore the message.
If you are fed up with people trying to send you DMs you don’t want, you can use the block feature to stop someone from sending DMs or report a message at any time.
How to Send a DM on Instagram’s App & Desktop
Sending a DM is very easy on the Instagram app. Here is what you should do:
- Find the user by typing their name and go to their profile.
- When viewing the profile, you will see the ‘Message’ button.
- Click on the button, and write your message.
- Tap ‘Send’ and send your DM.
Let’s start to learn how to direct message on Instagram desktop:
- Open Instagram and login to your Instagram account.
- Tap’ home’ at the bottom left of the screen.
- Select ‘OK’ in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Enter the user name of the person you want to send a message to in the search field at the top of the page that opens.
- Select the profile.
- Write your message and click the Send button
- Or you can click direct to any profile and send them a message from the profile page
Bulk DM on Instagram
This article will explain to you how to message on Instagram and about the Bulk DM function. This feature has just come to Instagram. But as with any transaction, we would like to remind you that there are some limitations. Max, 50 posts per day (50 different users). Here are the steps for bulk messaging on Instagram:
- Go to the DM page at your Instagram profile
- Click to New Message icon
- You will see a follower list
- Choose followers that you want to send DM
- And send your bulk message
- You can send messages between 35-50 per day
Message Someone on Instagram Web
Unfortunately, this is not possible. Because the messaging system through the web site is not yet active, even though some mobile apps claim to be capable of doing this, we are not entirely sure of reliability.
It is better to use the Instagram app for this function. Maybe this feature can be activated recently, but we don’t have information yet.
Do not rely on applications that specifically request your account password. We recommend that you only use Instagram’s official applications. All other application uses are at your own risk.
None of the secure applications will ask for your password. You must avoid applications that require your Instagram password.
What Are the DM Limits?
Now let’s look at the DM limits if we learned about how to message someone on Instagram. Almost all processes on Instagram have a usage limit.
All activities, such as sharing, hashtag usage, following people, etc., have a defined limit. DM limit is daily 35-50 messages/per day. These limits are for public accounts only. Limits for closed profiles may vary.
These limits can be a little more flexible for some accounts. For example, the limits of verified accounts are always higher. Also, hundreds of thousands of followers of some phenomenon accounts can be a little higher limit. This is on the initiative of Instagram.
To Conclude How to DM on Instagram
In this article, we have seen the importance of Instagram Direct Messages and how to use them to the fullest.
Do you have any questions? Write us in the comments below, and we will be happy to get back to you as soon as possible.