The music streaming platform Spotify has compatibility with almost every device, and you can connect your account with many different apps and websites. One of the biggest platforms you can link Spotify with is Facebook. Even though it has many perks, sometimes Spotify being connected to your Facebook account can cause minor problems. Or maybe you might just want to disconnect or unlink Spotify from Facebook for any other reason. If you created your account with Facebook already, you might need to disconnect to be able to log in from other platforms. With this article, we will explain how to disconnect Spotify from Facebook.
Removing Facebook from Spotify
To cut the connection between your Spotify and Facebook, you need to follow these steps.
- Open the Spotify desktop app from your computer.
- Login with your Spotify username and Spotify password.
- Click on the profile icon on the top right corner.
- Select “Settings.”
- Scroll down to see the Facebook button.
- Click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.
Unlink Facebook from Spotify
If you created a Spotify account with Facebook or signed up with Facebook, you need to disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook settings.
- Go to the Facebook login page.
- On the top right corner, you will see a down arrow. Click on it to see Facebook options.
- Select Apps and Websites on the left.
- Scroll down to see Spotify.
- Select the Spotify checkbox.
- Select Remove.
If you want all past Spotify posts on your Facebook to be deleted, select; delete all posts, photos, and videos.
After you remove your Spotify account from Facebook, you need a password reset or create a new account. You won’t be able to login with Facebook.
Unlink Spotify from Facebook Mobile App
You can do the same action also from the Facebook application (but not the Spotify app).
To do so:
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap on Menu (three horizontal lines icon).
- Then, tap on the dropdown and then Settings.
- Now, tap Apps and Websites.
- Find and choose Logged in with Facebook.
- Tap Edit.
- Under Active, find Spotify.
- Tap on Remove.
Mark the checkbox, too, if you want all your posts about Spotify to be deleted.
Conclusion of Unlinking Spotify from Facebook
With this short article, we talked about how to disconnect your Spotify from Facebook. Hopefully, you were able to find all answers to your questions.