Restricted Mode is a setting that the user can make on or off by the user’s initiative. YouTube created the Restricted Mode to help the parents to avoid potentially adult content. Adult content is the category that you do not prefer to see, or you do not want the other people that access YouTube by your device to see. Let’s find out how to disable Restricted Mode on YouTube.
How Can You Turn Off Restricted Mode?
Turning off Restricted Mode is pretty easy. You can turn off restricted mode on your phone or your desktop. Let’s go over both options below.
Turn Off Restricted Mode on Your Mobile
Mobile phones are easily accessible devices so they may carry a potential threat especially if you have curious kids running up and down.
Time needed: 1 minute
So, let’s see how you can turn off restricted mode on your mobile.
- Go to the YouTube app.
Click on your YouTube app and select your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Go to YouTube Settings.
Click Settings on your profile and then select General.
- Turn off Restricted Mode.
After selecting General, toggle down and you’ll see Restricted Mode. Switch the button into gray to disable it.
Turn Off Restricted Mode on Desktop
Let’s check out how you can disable Restricted Mode on YouTube on your desktop.
- Click your profile picture: When you access the website of YouTube, you will see several logos, buttons, and banners there. You need to find your profile picture. Find the search bar. There will be a search button on the right of it, on the just right of it, there should be a camera icon and nine squares. Your profile picture is on the far right. This isn’t only on the website but also on your profile picture in the mobile app. It is on the top right corner.
- Click Restricted Mode: When you try to disable the restricted Mode on YouTube, you will need to find the Restricted Mode section on the following menu that you accessed via clicking your profile picture. Restricted Mode section is on the bottom.
- In the Dialog Box, toggle Restricted Mode to Off: When you click the restricted Mode, there will be a dialog box that appeare suddenly. You’ll see “None of the filters is 100% effective. This setting will only be applied in this browser.” After that text, you will see a toggle button. At the left of the toggle button, there will be a text that “activate the restricted mode.” You can turn the Restricted Mode on or off using that switch.
How Does YouTube Filter Out Potentially Mature Content?
Did you ever wonder how YouTube detects and filters out mature or potentially mature content? There are two main elements YouTube uses for that:
- Signals: YouTube uses many signals to track down the potentially mature content. These signals include obvious video titles description, metadata produced by the user experience of a high number of visitors, and age-restrictions to identify and filter out the undesired content, in that case, potentially mature content. YouTube algorithm learns and tracks down these signals cumulatively by a great machine learning.
- Comments Section: One of the most important features of Restricted Mode is full control over the comments section. Once a YouTube video is turned into a video with age restrictions, the community users cannot see the comments in the video if they have chosen to activate the Restricted Mode. If you have concerns about your purchased comments, never worry! Once you buy YouTube comments, they’ll stay under the comments section forever.
Turning off YouTube limited mode allows users to access more videos within the platform. If you are a YouTube content producer and your content has started to reach users, the process of getting YouTube likes for your posts will be very useful. Your posts will give a positive impression to users and your profile interaction will increase.
Conclusion: YouTube Restricted Mode
Restricted Mode on YouTube is important software to protect children from the side effects of the internet. Even if switching it off is as easy as three clicks, in case you need to protect your kids from inappropriate content, you need to enable it. We hope to help you with how to disable Restricted Mode on YouTube.