Sometimes we upload videos to YouTube for education, entertainment or marketing (if.co/youtube-marketing), and sometimes to surprise someone we love. However, sometimes we may want to delete these videos for various reasons, the video you want to remove can be a content that will upset you or others, and you may want to delete this content. We will explain to you how to delete YouTube videos step by step.
How to Remove a Video From YouTube
We can upload various videos to this giant platform, and there are times when we need to delete them. To delete a video from a computer you should follow these steps.
- Log in to your YouTube account. After logging in to YouTube, click the Profile icon in the upper-right corner of your screen, and then click Content Studio from the pop-up menu. In the content studio, click the Videos section under Video Manager on the left panel.
- Click Edit. Tap to edit button next to the Video you want to delete, and then click Delete from the pop-up menu.
- Confirm. A confirmation window will be displayed indicating that it will be permanently deleted. Click the Delete button. Note that you cannot retrieve it after deleting it.
No one can view that video after you delete it but, please keep in mind that it may take some time before video search results and previews disappear. Also, your hard-earned engagement numbers like comments and likes will disappear too.
How to Delete a YouTube Video From iPhone or Android
Currently, it is not possible to delete your uploaded videos via YouTube mobile site. However, if you have an Android or iOS device, you can delete your videos using the YouTube app for Android or iOS. If you are not using the YouTube application, you can quickly delete it from your computer.
To delete videos from YouTube app:
- Open YouTube.
- Log in to your YouTube account.
- Touch the library, and then select the My Videos menu.
- Now find the video you want to delete from the list and tap the three-point menu icon in the right corner of the page.
- In the options that appear, touch to the Delete button.
How to Delete All Videos on YouTube
You can delete multiple videos from your YouTube channel. To do so:
- Open your YouTube account, click to your profile icon and go to the Content Studio.
- Tap to the Videos Manager, then press the Videos section.
- Check the small box next to the videos you want to delete, click Actions, and then click Delete from the pop-up menu.
- Press the Delete button and, your videos will be deleted permanently.
Alternatively, if you want to delete all the content on your account, deleting your account may be a logical option for you.
Video deletion is permanent. After you delete a video, you cannot view it again on YouTube. If you want to reaccess your video after deleting it, you need to keep a backup. If we need to make another essential warning; after you delete your video on YouTube, no one can open and watch the video, but the preview of your video may continue to appear for a while, which will completely disappear after a while.
First of all, if there is one thing to remember, it is that you can delete and hide only the videos you have uploaded from YouTube. You do not have the right to uninstall other users videos.
It is also possible that you have shares against you on YouTube. It can be stressful, time-consuming, and exhausting to check and share all shares on your own. But you should be aware that YouTube does not give you the right to delete someone else’s video arbitrarily. If a person wants to remove the video uploaded by someone else, this person must run some legal procedures against YouTube or the person.
YouTube video removal can take place in case of violation of individual rights with complaints. If there is a video on YouTube that violates the Community Guidelines, it will be reviewed by the authorities, taking into account the severity of the actions, whether or not harmful behavior continues regularly. YouTube examines these complaints.
If YouTube finds the right to remove the video complaint, the content will be deleted. We cannot give you a specified period for how long the process will take. However, YouTube stated that it is reviewing complaints made with its employees 24/7. In this sense, it will not be wrong to say that the video will be removed as soon as possible after the complaint is made.
However, it should not be forgotten that the video will continue to be broadcast if no infringement is found.