If you are wondering how to delete YouTube channel, this article will help you. YouTube has many different features for its users. Although you can watch millions of videos on YouTube under thousands of various topics for free and without the need to become a member, you need to sign up to this site if you want to upload videos to YouTube and have your YouTube channel.
However, sometimes things do not go as planned, and you might want to hide or close your account for some reason. You may be bored, may not be able to take time to produce content, or YouTube may not be interesting to you. If you are wondering how to delete or hide your YouTube channel, this article will help you.
How to Delete YouTube Channel
You can hide the content on your YouTube channel and choose to reactivate it later. When you deactivate your YouTube channel, your channel name, videos, likes, subscriptions, and subscribers will be hidden. All community posts, comments, and replies are permanently deleted. However, your account data on other Google properties will not be deleted.
Steps to Delete Your Channel on PC
- Go to your YouTube and log in to your account from the top right corner of the page. To the right of your profile picture, click the Advanced link below your email address.
- On the Advanced Options page, you will see the Delete Channel button at the bottom. Click it.
- Once you select Delete Channel, you’ll be prompted to confirm the operation by re-entering your email password and type your email password. In this process, you are not deleting your account, so do not worry. You may see Delete content instead of the actual button as well.
- On the last confirmation screen, select I want to permanently delete my content option, click on the options that appear, and click delete my content or delete my channel.
- Before you approve, you should take a detailed look at what will be deleted and what will not be deleted.
- After approval, everything on your YouTube account will be hidden.
- Now try to go to an old video link of your account and try to watch the video; you will see a warning message that saying ‘This video cannot be displayed because the installer of this video has deactivated the account.’ on your page.
- Thus, the process will be completed.
Steps to Delete Your Channel on Mobile
There are quite a few people who want to delete their YouTube accounts. We suggest that if you want to intend to delete your account permanently, it is better for you to deactivate your account for a while before deleting your account.
Unfortunately, you can’t delete YouTube channel on your mobile app. However, you can delete YouTube channel from a web browser on your mobile following the steps we’ve explained in the previous section.
How to Delete YouTube Account
Our advice to you is to back up the data in your account before doing so. If you fail to do so, you will lose all data that belongs to your account. All the operations we will explain here are related to the channel deletion processes described above.
- If you want to completely get rid of your account and don’t want to encounter YouTube account deletions again, you will need to click the Delete my Google Account and Data section.
- If you select this option, you will see a page showing your Google account and all of its content. At this stage, you have to confirm the two options on the page. Unless you approve these options, you cannot continue your transactions.
- The first option is a box that says you can not get the fees you are earning on YouTube for various activities. The other box confirms that you will permanently delete all data for your Google account. After checking both boxes, you can click Delete Account.
- Clicking that will delete your account completely.
- Don’t worry if you regret it anyway. You have the option to reopen your account for a short time. To do so, you must first go to the Forgot My Password page and then select the ‘I have other problems with logging in.’ option.
- You must follow the steps necessary to verify your identity and click the link to complete the form. You can then reactivate your account.
How to Deactivate YouTube Channel Temporarily
How Much Do YouTubers Make?
Social media, developing day by day, brings up new job opportunities. Of course, new job opportunities created by increasing needs can be welcomed nor...
How to Turn Off Comments on YouTube
The comments section is one of the worthwhile functionalities of the giant video-sharing platform YouTube. For users, it stands as the ultimate opport...
You can deactivate your YouTube channel temporarily if you’re not sure about deleting it. Follow the steps in the “How to Delete Your Channel on PC” section in this article. When you arrive at the last section, choose the first option that says “I want to hide my content”.
More about YouTube
To Make Money on Social Media
How to Reactivate YouTube Channel
You may regret that you have deactivated your
YouTube account, but reactivating an account is much easier than you might
think. Let’s follow the steps below to reactivate your account:
- Go to the YouTube website or open the YouTube app from your mobile device.
- Go to the channel creation page and fill out the form; this will restore your YouTube channel.
- Do not click to use a business name or other name when completing the form. Clicking here creates a new channel instead of restoring your deactivated channel.
- Once you have recreated your YouTube channel, you can have your videos and playlists displayed in Video Manager.
- Now you can enjoy YouTube from where you left off.