If you want to learn how to delete your Twitter account permanently, please read the following description.
As you know, none of the social media sites will allow the user account to be permanently deleted from the mobile application.
This is a completely security-related procedure. You can only make permanent deletion through the official website. The Twitter app also has the same features.
Delete Your Twitter Account for Good
You have 2 different options Delete your Twitter account. You may temporarily deactivate your account and reactivate within 30 days.
Or if you wish, you can permanently delete it with all the data.
This entirely depends on your preference. If you temporarily close it, you can reactivate it within 30 days. It’s called a resting mode.
But if you intend to permanently delete it, you will not be able to undo it again.
So you have to think carefully before you make that decision.
If you delete it permanently, all the data, photos, videos, and followers you have shared will be deleted.
Permanent deletion is only performed through the official Twitter website. You cannot do this from mobile apps.
Well, anyway if you still want to delete your Twitter account permanently, let us explain you how to delete your Twitter account permanently.
This is entirely your responsibility.
- Go to Twitter desktop web site.
- Click on Settings -> Settings and Privacy -> Deactivate my account.
- Type your username and password and click deactivate my account to complete process.
- And you did it! If you will not enter to your Twitter account and reactivate it, it will be deleted completely in next 30 days.
Delete Your Twitter Account on Android
The deletion of membership from all mobile operating systems is the same. You can only temporarily delete it.
- To Delete your Twitter account on Android, go to Settings from your profile page.
- Profile and settings and tab on to settings. You will see “Deactive my account” link at the bottom of the page.
- Click on it and you’re done!
- For a period of 30 days, you will be logged off your account.
- During this time no one can access your account and your shares will not appear.
Delete Your Twitter Account on iOS
As with Android, you can close your Twitter account in almost the same way as in iOS.
- To Delete your Twitter account on iOS, go to Settings page at your iPhone, scroll down the page and find Twitter app.
- From there, delete Twitter app.
- You can access and close your account from your mobile device with the iOS operating system by entering the Twitter website with the browser.
As described above, you can enter the Twitter website and close your Twitter account temporarily or permanently.
In short, you must wait 30 days for your Twitter account to be permanently deleted.
Twitter gives you 30 days to change your mind. If you wish, you can reactivate and use your account.
How to Deactivate Twitter
If you don’t want to use Twitter for a while, we recommend you to convert your account to a private account because closing Twitter is a permanent thing.
If you are confident that you want to close your Twitter account, you can follow the steps below.
- Go to Twitter. Log in to your Twitter and enter your username and password.
- Click the Settings tab. After clicking the Setting tab, then click the Account tab and find the link in the bottom area.
- Tap Deactivate My Account. Confirm that you want to delete your account on the page that opens. If you do not change your decision, the account will be permanently deleted after 30 days.
How to Delete a Suspended Account on Twitter
No user actions can be performed on a suspended account. For example, you cannot tweet, change profile photo, open a security menu, follow anyone, and so on.
Therefore, you cannot disable your account while your account has been suspended.
The Disable Account option is disabled in your profile.
For this, you need to deactivate the suspended account through a link, taking advantage of Twitter’s vulnerability.
To disable a suspended account:
- https://twitter.com/settings/deactivate click this link.
- After clicking the blue button, Twitter will ask you to enter your password. If you enter your Twitter password correctly, your account will be disabled.
- If you don’t enter your account for 30 days, your account will be deleted entirely.
How Do You Deactivate a Twitter Account on iPhone
You do not have to delete your Twitter account from your computer.
You can also do this on your phone. To close your Twitter account on your mobile phone:
- Open the Twitter app on your mobile device.
- Tap your profile icon in the top menu, then tap Settings and Privacy.
- Touch Account, then touch Disable Your Account option at the bottom.
- When prompted, enter your password and tap Disable.
- Confirm that you want to delete your account by tapping the Yes, Disable option.
How Do You Deactivate a Twitter Account on Android
If you have an Android mobile device, you can effortlessly delete your Twitter account. To do so:
- Open your Twitter application on your phone.
- In the top menu, tap the three-line icon or your profile icon. Then tap Settings and Privacy section.
- Touch Account settings, then touch Disable Your Account option at the bottom.
- Read the information on how to disable the account, and then touch Disable.
- Enter your password and tap the Disable button.
- Now you can delete your Twitter account by tapping the Yes, disable option.
FAQs About Deleting Twitter Account
Twitter stores the data in your account for 30 days after the account deletion. If you log in with the same username and password before 30 days have passed, your account will be active again. If you want to close the account again, you have to repeat the above account deletion and wait for 30 days.
If you plan to use the username of the account which you will delete, you will need to change your username before deleting your account. Otherwise, you will not be able to create a new account with the same username in the future.
Deactivation is the way of stating that you’re not using your account so they can delete it after 30 days if you don’t cancel it.
Unfortunately, tweet notifications do not cover the deletion of a tweet, so if one of your friends that you’ve enabled alerts deletes a tweet, you won’t get any notification.
When a tweet is deleted, replies and retweets with comments stay unharmed, but the replied/retweeted tweet will no longer be available.
Conclusion on How to Delete Your Twitter Account Permanently
When you delete your Twitter account, all tweets and all references will be removed from Twitter within the first few days of being disabled.
Other Twitter users cannot follow or search for a disabled account. However, a disabled account can be reactivated, which brings back the old profile.
You or another user cannot use the username of the disabled account. To delete an account, you must deactivate it for thirty days. If you don’t want to delete your Twitter account but think that it is a mess, you can clean up your Twitter account to give it a proper look as well.