Tumblr was used to be known as a platform where its users create and search content freely. However, in December 2018, Tumblr decided to remove NSFW content with an update due to unfortunate reasons and a disagreement with the iOS App Store. This has become a major reason for users to ask the question “how to delete your Tumblr account”.
This is not the only reason users delete their accounts; of course, there might be several reasons. Deleting the Tumblr account is pretty simple, and we will inform you about how to do it. However, you might not want to delete your account permanently but disable it for a temporary period.
Deactivate Tumblr vs. Delete Tumblr Account
There are not many deactivating options when it comes to Tumblr. Sorry to say that you cannot deactivate your Tumblr account temporarily. However, Tumblr gives you another option. You can create a secondary account from your main account and delete the secondary one so that you don’t miss any data from your primary blog.
One other issue is that you cannot delete your primary Tumblr account using your phone. You need to use Tumblr’s desktop version to delete your main blog permanently. However, you can delete your secondary blog on your mobile phone. Having a secondary blog may help you in many ways and it’s so easy to destroy it if you get bored with it. Having many blogs will get you more interaction with other users and make you popular on Tumblr. You can buy Tumblr followers to maximize your popularity on any of your blogs. Then, you can create amazing posts and enjoy the rest.
If you’re certain about deleting your blogs, keep reading. In our detailed guide, we’ll show you how to delete both your primary Tumblr account and also secondary blogs. But let’s start with how you can create a new Tumblr (a secondary blog)!
How to Create a New Tumblr Account
If you have your main account already, creating a secondary blog is a piece of cake. Here’s how;
- On your Tumblr app, go to your profile.
- Click on your username in the top left corner.
- Click on “Create a New Tumblr” and voila. You’re good to go.
How to Temporarily Disable Your Account
You can temporarily disable your account on many platforms if you do not want to deal with organizing your account or just don’t feel like it. However, Tumblr does not let you disable your account temporarily. Yet there are still ways to do it similarly.
As we’ve mentioned above, on Tumblr, you can have more than one blog. One is your main blog; it is your first blog when you create an account. Others are called secondary blogs. Those are the blogs that you create after creating your primary account.
Tumblr lets you delete your secondary blogs easily. To delete these blogs, follow the instructions below:
On a Web Browser
- Click on the account icon to choose the blog you want to delete. Then, go to “Settings”.
- At the end of the page, you’ll see the “Delete Account” button. Click on it.
- If you’re sure about deleting your secondary account, enter your email and your password then select “Delete everything”. Don’t forget that you can create as many secondary blogs as possible anytime you want as long as you have your primary account on.
On Mobile App
- Log in to your secondary blog and select your profile from the dashboard.
- Click on the gear icon to see your account settings.
- Then, you’ll see ‘Delete this Tumblr.’ and it’ll ask you to enter your password to complete the process.
Now your secondary blog is deleted. If you do not want to delete your secondary blogs entirely, you can set them up as private membership group blogs. This way, you can limit access to your blogs without deleting them.
How to Hide Your Account
Unfortunately, you cannot do the same to your main blog, which is your actual account. Yet there is a way to hide your account. You can make this adjustment from the privacy settings. Here are the steps to do it:
- Click on the ‘Account’ icon.
- Select ‘Settings,’ and the ‘Settings’ menu will appear.
- On the right, you will see other clickable titles such as Account, Dashboard, etc.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ title from that menu.
- Turn off the ‘Let others see that you’re active’ switch.
You can also hide your blogs by turning off the ‘Let people find your blogs through this address’ switch from the same ‘Settings’ menu but under the ‘Account’ title. This way, people will not be able to search your account through your email address. Additionally, you can block people on Tumblr if you think they behave inappropriately.
How to Delete Your Tumblr Account Permanently
How to Download Your Tumblr Blog
Since Tumblr announced its new regulations regarding banning adult content from the platform, many Tumblr users were looking for ways to back up their...
The only way to delete your main blog is by deleting your account entirely only on your browser. Here are the steps to delete your account entirely:
- Click on the ‘Account’ button’ on the header.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the menu.
- You will be directly sent to Account Settings; there is a ‘Delete account’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Then, confirm your wish to delete the account by entering your email.
- Once you click on the ‘Delete account,’ your Tumblr account is deleted permanently.
There is no way of reactivating your account after you delete it. After you delete your Tumblr account, your username and blog URL will be included in the pool for reuse. So, there is no going back once you do this.
Deleting Tumblr Accounts, in Short
We have covered how to delete your Tumblr account in brief. Unfortunately, there is no way to temporarily close your account, but we mentioned the closest ways to hide your profile from others on Tumblr. We have also stated that there is no going back when you delete your Tumblr account, but you can delete your secondary blogs easily. Check out more of our Tumblr articles.