Tinder is a location-based dating application developed for smartphones. It is the most famous one among the online dating apps. This app matches users close to their location, and these users can like and dislike each other. It is simple and easy to be used; that’s why it is used by millions of people. Among the people who use Tinder, there will be, of course, those who want to close their account for various reasons. This is why we will explain how you can delete Tinder account in our article.
No application wants to lose its users. Tinder also offers two different methods to its users at this point. If you no longer want to use Tinder for various reasons or if you want to delete your account, you can use Tinder account deleting or freezing options. Deletion of the Tinder app does not push your account to be deleted, so you must close or hide your account before deleting Tinder. So if you have deleted the app, download it again and close or hide your account.
How to Permanently Delete Tinder Profile
The Tinder application, which is set on a whim with different moods, can become unwanted after a while. If you want to delete your Tinder account forever, it’s easy. However, know that all your data will be permanently deleted when you begin deleting your Tinder account. Therefore, we advise you to think carefully before you delete your account. Nevertheless, if you want to delete your account for sure, let’s see how you can do it:
- First, click the Settings tab on the Tinder app’s homepage.
- Go to the bottom of the opened page and tap Delete Account.
- Tinder will recommend freezing your account instead of deleting it. Click the Delete My Account button below.
- On this page, you will see options for why you want to leave Tinder, and after selecting an option, you will proceed to the next step.
- On the last incoming page, if you want to delete your history completely, mark the section to delete your match history completely and delete your account.
- That is all. However, do not attempt to log back into your account for up to 30 days; otherwise, your account will become active again.
What Will Happen When My Account Is Gone?
When you delete your Tinder account, your profile, photos, messages, and all matches in the Tinder will be permanently deleted. Your profile will be deleted after this process, but your old profile information will appear if you wish to log in again within 30 days. However, if you have selected the option to delete matches and messages before deleting your account, they will be deleted and will not be visible in your account.
- Tinder Premium users must perform the Premium Membership Termination process before deleting their accounts. If you purchased a Tinder Premium subscription from Google Play or the Apple Store, your Tinder Gold or Tinder Plus subscriptions would not be terminated once you delete your account or application. You can get your subscription canceled from the Google Play or Apple Store.
- However, if you purchased Tinder Plus or Tinder Gold subscriptions through the Tinder website with using your credit card, your subscriptions will not continue after deleting the account.
How to Hide a Tinder Account
If you didn’t have a big problem and only got bored with Tinder, temporarily hiding your profile would make more sense for you. Hiding a Tinder account is for those who don’t want to use Tinder for a while, looking for an alternative way to freeze their account, and want to remove visibility. You need to use the Explore tool to temporarily store your account. Turning Explore tool off prevents you from getting a match on Tinder.
- Open the Tinder application on your mobile device
- Press the Profile icon.
- Go to Settings, then click to the Explore.
- Turn the Explore off.
How to Deactivate Tinder Account
If you are busy to use Tinder or just got bored, this is another option for you:
- Open the Tinder app from your mobile device.
- Tap the profile icon at the top left, then press Settings and select Delete Account.
- The screen that appears will give you two options:
- Pause Tinder for a while
- Delete the account completely.
- Press Pause your account for a while to deactivate your Tinder Account.
The pause option is only useful if you are tired of using the Tinder application. It will not stop any notification you receive through email or app.
How to Delete Tinder From Facebook
Since Tinder also uses your Facebook account, we also need to remove the relevant permissions. To remove Tinder From Facebook:
- Open your Facebook account.
- Press the down arrow at the top right and click to Settings.
- Tap to the Apps and Websites option on the left of the menu.
- Click to the box next to the Tinder and tap Remove.
How to Remove Tinder From Instagram
You have two options to delete Tinder from Instagram.
Delete from the website:
- Open the Instagram website on your computer.
- Click the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Then click the Edit Profile button.
- From the left sidebar, click Authorized Applications.
- You will find all the apps that have access to the Instagram profile listed here. Find Tinder and click Cancel Access.
- Return to Tinder and sign out, then log in again. Your Instagram account will be deleted from your Tinder profile.
Delete from the Tinder app:
- Open the Tinder app and tap the profile icon in the top left corner on the page.
- Tap to the Edit Info section.
- Swipe down, and then tap to Disconnect under Instagram photos.
- Lastly, press the okay button, and your Instagram account will be deleted from Tinder.
How to Use Tinder Again
Can You Use Tinder Without Facebook?
Did you know that you can use Tinder without Facebook? The application's main way to log in is the social network, but it also has a way to log in wit...
If you want to re-use Tinder after closing your account and have not logged in to your account within 30 days, you should follow these steps:
- Install the Tinder app on your phone or visit Tinder’s website.
- Sign in using your Facebook account, or you can log in with your mobile phone number if you don’t want to log in with your Facebook account. However, you should know that Tinder is not posting anything on your Facebook account.
- To access all the required permissions, allow Tinder.
- Once you have completed the steps above, you can start using the Tinder again. However, this will not be the beginning of where you left off but will be a new beginning.