Can you delete Snapchat messages? In this post, we will go over the subject of how to delete Snapchat messages. This is generally not a concern for many users as Snapchat is best known for its privacy when it comes to communicating with others. Since you know messages and Snaps are going to be deleted automatically, this, in turn, encourages more activity with friends. In contrast, on other apps, you may not speak as freely because you know your messages are going to be saved.
That being said is also possible to save messages if you want to. However, this is the topic of another article. We’ll cover it up later. Today, we will go through the different methods of how to delete chats on Snapchat.
How to Delete Messages on Snapchat
If you are curious about how to delete all Snapchat messages, you are in the right article. And also, if you are feeling a bit lazy about this, you should learn that you can delete whole conversations instead of dealing with individual messages one by one. Learn what is Snapchat in detail.
- First of all, open the Snapchat app and go to your account’s Settings section.
- Start scrolling down to the bottom of the menu.
- You will see a section under “Account Actions” that says “Clear Conversations.”
- Tap on that section and hit the “X” near the Snapchat chat you want to be deleted.
How to Delete Saved Snapchat Messages
To save a message on Snapchat, long-press on the message or picture; it will turn bold, and the background will turn grey. Both you and your friend will have the message saved. As you see, saving a message is easy, but you might have to delete saved messages on Snapchat due to any reason that might occur.
Let’s see how you can do that.
- If you want to delete a message, you have to follow the same steps as above. Open the Snapchat app on your mobile device first to continue.
- Swipe the screen to the right and open the Conversations. Select any of them to proceed.
- Find a saved message in the conversation, and long-press it until the boldness and the gray background disappears.
- If you are unable to delete a message, it could be that the other user saved the message. You will have to contact them and ask them to delete it.
How to Delete Snapchat Messages Before They Are Opened
After sending a message through Snapchat, you can delete the message by pressing the message until a pop-up appears. Thankfully, you can delete any message in this manner before the recipient sees them.
Here is how to deactivate and delete Snapchat messages permanently you sent by accident:
- Go to the ‘Friends’ page.
- Select the ‘Chat’ column. Here you can see the list of your chats.
- Select the message you want to delete by tapping and holding it.
- Lastly, select ‘Delete’ to end the process.
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account
- Open the app and go to the Snapchat settings in the top right corner.
- Start scrolling down to “Help Center.”
- From there, go to “My Account & Security.”
- We are almost there; tap on “Account Information.”
- Finally, you’ll see the option “Delete My Account,” click that.
Do this before the person opens the Snap, and you’ll be good. That means you have to be extremely swift in order to prevent the person from seeing your messages. Also, if you still have questions about deleting Snapchat messages, check the Snapchat Help page.
Today we talked about how to clear Snapchat messages. As you see, it’s possible to delete a full conversation, an individual message after the recipient sees it and even before they see it. In that case, methods differ in how you delete them, but the main point is that you can. Nonetheless, you shouldn’t forget that it’s not possible to delete the photos and videos you have sent. In that case, you have to be careful, or you may find yourself in an embarrassing situation. Did you ever send a photo or video to someone by accident? If you said yes, let us right down in the comments about how it went. Thank you for reading this article!