Pinterest is a social platform that you can easily access visuals in your interests. It is a very popular platform around the world, with over 70 million members. Although it is not very popular in our country, it still has millions of users. Among these millions, there may also be those who want to delete their Pinterest accounts because they find it uninteresting or for a variety of different reasons. When you want to deactivate or delete your Pinterest account, your profile and boards will no longer appear on Pinterest.
In our article, we told you how you could permanently delete your Pinterest account.
Delete Pinterest Account on Internet Browser
Here are the steps to delete a Pinterest account from your web browser:
- Click on the … icon at the top of Pinterest,
- Select Edit settings,
- Click on Account Setting on the left side of the screen,
- Click Deactivate account under account changes,
- Explain why you want to delete your account,
- Click Deactivate account.
Delete Pinterest Account on Mobile App
To delete your Pinterest account on your mobile device:
- Go to Homepage,
- Click on the name icon in the lower right corner,
- Click on the icon at the top right,
- Go to account settings,
- Press “Deactivate account”,
- Confirm the text “Are you sure?”.
What Should You Do if You Want to Delete Your Account Permanently?
If you want to leave Pinterest, you can permanently delete your account. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Sign in,
- Go to Homepage,
- Click on the name icon in the upper right corner of the screen,
- Once you’re in your profile page, click settings,
- Click on account settings,
- Click the deactivate account,
- Hit Delete account,
- Explain your reason for deleting the account,
- Click permanently close the account,
- Then click the red ‘Yes, send the e-mail’ button in the confirmation window,
- Finally, confirm the incoming e-mail.
FAQs on Pinterest
If you’ve deactivated your account, you can open it again; if you permanently delete your Pinterest account, you can’t open it again. You need to create a new account.
It may take up to 14 days for your account to be permanently deleted.
When you deactivate your Pinterest account, all of your content will disappear.
You need to submit a special request to the Pinterest team to remove an account of your deceased relative.
Log in with your credentials and click the link to your e-mail address. You will see a text says, “We are so glad you come back! To start saving Pins again, simply reactivate your account. If you don’t want to reactivate your account, ignore this e-mail.” and a red button says, “Reactivate your account.” You should click that red button, and your account will be reactivated again.
Conclusion of Deleting Pinterest Account
This article explained how you can deactivate your Pinterest account and permanently delete your account. We hope we could help.