Acting to delete your LinkedIn account means permanently deleting your profile from the site and removing access to all your LinkedIn information. But you can revoke your Business Premium access if you have a Premium account. You may, however, retain your free Basic account to protect your profile from hacks and keep your connections and other information. It’s as easy as creating one.
How to Close LinkedIn Account?
Linkedin is one of the best when it comes to social networks and privacy controls. However, despite good policies and user controls, they still know a good amount about you. If you decide that you do not want Linkedin to collect your data, you can delete your account.
You can delete your information at any time by contacting Linkedin customer service. They are going to respond to your request within 30 days. Note, however, that it may appear even if you request the deletion of information that you share with others or that other Users have copied.
To close your LinkedIn account from the Settings and Privacy page:
- Log into your LinkedIn account.
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn home page.
- Choose Settings and Privacy from the drop-down list.
- Under the Account preferences section, find and click on Account management.
- Now, scroll down and find the Close account option. Click on it to proceed.
- You will see a page that says ”Sorry to see you go.”
- On this page, scroll down, and you can see the part you select and why you’re leaving.
- Enter the password for your account and click the Close account; thus, your profile will be deleted within 24 hours.
You can close your account directly from the Close Account page. Before you do so, please consider the following:
- You will not be able to access any information you have added to your links or account.
- Your profile will no longer be visible on LinkedIn.
- Search engines such as Yahoo!, Bing, and Google may continue to show your personal information temporarily due to the different methods of collecting and updating search data. Learn more about how your profile appears in search engine results.
- You will lose all referrals and approvals you have collected on your LinkedIn profile.
- Before closing your account, you may want to download a copy of your LinkedIn data.
- If you have a premium membership, a LinkedIn group, or a premium account license, you must resolve these Basic accounts before you close them.
- If you have created multiple accounts, learn to delete or merge the duplicate account.
Deleting Your LinkedIn Account on Mobile
The steps for iOS and Android are the same as the website version. So you can simply follow the steps above to close your LinkedIn account. If you have more questions about closing your LinkedIn account, check the LinkedIn Help page.
How to Receive Fewer Emails on LinkedIn?
Want to protect your account but receive fewer emails and notifications?
To reduce the number of emails, notifications, group summary emails, and LinkedIn announcements you receive, you can also set the frequency of email communications and notifications on the Contact tab of your Settings and Privacy page. The Settings page in the mobile application is located in the upper right corner of your profile page. And also, if you want to increase your followers count on LinkedIn, buy LinkedIn page followers to improve your page.
Can You Reactivate Your Account?
If your account has been closed for less than 20 days, you can re-open it. However, they are unable to recover the following information even though you re-open your account:
- Approvals and recommendations.
- Ignored and pending invitations.
- Following (Thought Leaders, Companies, etc.).
- Group memberships.
If you decide to reactivate your account, learn from the start how to network on LinkedIn.
Today, in this article, we tried to help you with how to delete LinkedIn account. You may have reasons to delete your LinkedIn account. So we hope that our article was helpful in showing you how to delete a LinkedIn account. If you don’t want to fully delete your account, you may want to deactivate LinkedIn account. Either way, delete LinkedIn or close a LinkedIn account temporarily; it’s your decision to make.