Instagram is among the most popular social media apps. It enables you to share your moments with your friends or friend groups. But Instagram does not only offer to share a bunch of your photos or videos. Instagram Direct is another feature of Instagram and allows people to connect and chat with their friends. You can write to your friends on Instagram and talk about your stories and posts. If you want to delete your conservation after completing it, there are two easy ways to do it. To delete Instagram messages, you can use two methods that you can find below.
Direct Messages are the first tool with which you can shorten the distance between you and your audience.
What Does DM Mean on Instagram?
Let’s start from the basics to not create misunderstandings for those who are just starting out and maybe don’t like abbreviations.
By DM on Instagram, we mean “Direct Message.” In practice, we refer to the texts that arrive on the chat present within Instagram. If you still don’t know how to access it, just tap the paper airplane icon on your feed screen.
This communication system is often seen in the background to the entire structure of the social network in question, but as you will see in this post, things could be very different.
How to Delete a Conversation on Instagram?
You can delete all conversations with a friend entirely. To delete the conversation, follow these instructions:
- First, go to the Instagram app and log in to the app with your user name and password.
- Then, go to Instagram Direct, which on the upper side of the app. The small paper plane is the symbol of it.
- Find the conversation you want to delete. In iPhone, swipe left to delete it. In Android, delete the conversation by tapping and holding.
- Lastly, the app will ask your confirmation on deleting the messages. Click on “Delete” and complete the procedure.
- Your all messages with that person on Instagram will be deleted permanently.
How to Unsend Messages on Instagram?
You can also unsend the messages on Instagram. It enables you to choose specific messages that you want to delete.
- Open the app and log in with your Instagram account user name and password.
- Go to Instagram Direct, which is located on the upside of the app.
- Go to the message that you want to delete
- Tap and hold the message. You can see two options after you hold it: Copy or Unsend.
- Click on unsend and confirm it.
- Your message will be deleted. The other user will not be notified when you unsend a DM.
Conclusion on Instagram DMs
Whatever your reason is, you can delete Instagram messages easily. You can delete all conversations or can unsend a specific message that you want to delete. It is so simple to permanently delete the message on Instagram without even accessing it through a desktop pc.
If you want to learn more about Instagram, please check out our latest articles about it. If you have any further questions, give me a heads up in the comments. You may like: how to repost on Instagram.