WhatsApp groups can become irritating and time-consuming if used in the wrong way for spam messages or just reading conversations that don’t concern or add anything to you in particular.
If you’ve realized that you want to delete a WhatsApp group, you are in the right place. You can delete any WhatsApp group very quickly if you wish to do so.
However, if utilized right, they can be a channel for sharing information, exchanging fun conversations and grouping a certain community together for a single ideal.
How to Exit from a WhatsApp Group
- Open WhatsApp on your mobile device.
- Enter the group you wish to delete by tapping on it.
- Tap on the group name at the top to browse its information and the settings about it.
- Scroll down until you see the button “Exit Group” and hit that.
- Congratulations, you successfully left the group.
After these steps, you will no longer be a member of that group. Afterward, the other group members will receive a notification that you have left the group for good.
- If you want to delete the chat completely from your archived stuff, simply swipe the group chat to the left on the main screen and hit the “Delete” button.
How to Kick Someone from a WhatsApp Group
Do you want your group to disappear completely? If you wish so, you can kick everyone before deleting the group and let the chat get lost in the dusty shelves of WhatsApp.
If you are looking for a way to kick everyone out of the group before exiting the group yourself, you must be an admin or have the permission to use the admin rights.
In other words, you must have created the group or an admin must have given you the right to do so. If you are the admin, or have the permission, you can easily kick anyone from the group in some simple steps.
- Firstly, open WhatsApp and tap on your group chat from the main screen.
- After that, tap on the group name at the top of the screen to open the Group information and settings.
- Select the members you wish to kick out by tapping on their names individually.
- After that, exit the group and delete the group to get rid of the chat for good.
Please note that the group will be deleted permanently. Hence, if you have any messages which may come handy later, you should archive your chats before deleting them.
How to Give Someone Admin Rights on a WhatsApp Group
If you don’t want your group to go away entirely you might also be wondering how to assign admin control to someone else. It’s quite normal if you want to take a little break from chitchatting.
In that way, the new admin can add you back to the group at any time and the conversations you exchanged in the group won’t get lost forever.
- First of all, open the WhatsApp app and tap on your group chat from the main screen.
- Then, hit the group name at the top of the screen to open the group settings and info.
- Next, press and hold the name of the person you want to make an admin.
- Finally, choose the option “Make Group Admin” to complete the process.
Some WhatsApp Tricks for Groups
- You can make your messages bold by putting an asterisk (*) before and after the message. For example: *Hey, this is bold.*
- You can use italics in your messages. Just put an underscore (_) before and after the message. For example: _Hey, this is in italics._
- You can tag contacts in group chats. Just use the @ sign in your message and select the person you want to tag.
If you want to get rid of a group for good, kicking everyone out before you exit yourself is a good idea as no one will be left in the group to keep it active. However, in that way, all of the content and information that was shared in the group gets lost too.
Nonetheless, if you want your group to stay active while you are absent, you can simply make someoıne else the admin of the group in order to keep it alive. In that way, all of the conversations and media shared on the group will be still available when you make your comeback to your group.
So, do you utilize WhatsApp for group chats? Let us know right down in the comments if you have one and how many members it has.
Thank you for reading this article!