When you sign up for LinkedIn, you may realize that it is not the proper platform for you. Maybe you didn’t know that it is a formal platform or don’t want to share your private information anymore. If you want to deactivate your LinkedIn account, here are the steps!
Ways to Deactivate Your LinkedIn Account
- On the homepage, there is a “Me” icon on the top corner. Click it and then click the “Settings and Privacy” button in the dropdown menu.
- When LinkedIn directs you to the settings page, there should be an “Account preferences” button on the left side. Click it.
- Scroll the page, and click the button named “Close account.”
- Now, you need to answer the question about your reason for deactivation. There are options for reasons listed, and if one of them is your reason, you can choose it. If not, or if you want to give any feedback, there is a message box under the reasons list. You can write any suggestions or complaints.
- After completing this step, you need to enter your password. Then, click the button named “Close account.”
How to Reactivate Your Account
If you want to get your LinkedIn account back, you can reactivate your account in 20 days after you deactivated your account. You receive an e-mail after you close your account. In this e-mail, there is a link for reactivating. If the link does not work, enter the LinkedIn website (www.linkedin.com), and log in with your connected e-mail. Now the site will ask you whether you want to reactivate your account. When you approve of it, you will receive an e-mail again for confirmation.
Conclusions on Deactivate LinkedIn Account
In this article, we gave you the steps of deactivating your account and solutions for the problems you may face. Hopefully, they will be helpful! Good luck! You can still hide your LinkedIn profile if you don’t want to deactivate but don’t want to be seen either.