If you want to create a poll on Facebook for your personal account, follow these steps below on “how to make a poll on Facebook.”
Polls throughout social media platforms have proven to be very successful in getting engagement from users and at the same time show what people think about a certain topic.
Social media realized the power of polls and almost all of the big companies and brands online have incorporated polls to their arsenal. It seems like people love to declare their opinions and preferences.
On Facebook, you can do this manually by asking a direct question on a status. However, with a feature such as Facebook polls, you don’t need to do that.
Let’s take a look at Facebook for now.
What Is a Facebook Poll?
A Facebook poll is something quite similar to other Facebook features such as tagging a location, tagging an event, tagging friends, add photos/videos. It allows you to ask questions to your audience and get answers for it.
Creating a poll on your Page or Group may help you generate leads and make sales according to your visitors’ needs and luxury preferences. Being able to ask your customers if they like their coffee black or with milk is kind of a superpower.
You can learn what they need in their life, what they expect from a quality product or service and use this information accordingly.
- You can ask about anything on your poll, but it’ll be wise for you to stick to Facebook’s Guidelines.
- You can add up to two options if the poll is intended for your Page or Story. However, you can add and allow people to add an unlimited amount of options for Group Polls.
- Unfortunately, it’s not possible to create a poll on your personal News Feed or timeline quite yet. In order to make yours, you should stick to a Page, a Group, or your Stories.
How to Create a Facebook Poll on a Page
If you are ready to post your first poll and open a new door for building a strong connection with your visitors and customers, you can follow the steps below.
- Go to the link https://apps.facebook.com/my-polls/start?ref=blog-create, or just search for “Poll” in the Facebook search bar.
- Enter the poll title and click on “Next: Questions.”
- Fill out the question and the possible answers.
- It’s done!
It’s pretty straightforward. You ask a question, your visitors will make their choice between two answers and you’ll seal the deal.
The poll creating process won’t take much of your time and you can post an unlimited amount of them. In that way, there are no boundaries for what you can do with your posts and possibilities are endless as you utilize it as much as you want.
For example, let’s say your question is “Who do you think is going to win the NBA playoffs?” you would then type in “Toronto Raptors” and “Golden State Warriors” as your options.
How to Create a Facebook Poll on a Group
It should be noted that if you want to create a Facebook poll with more than two options, this is something only available to Facebook Groups.
- If you want to make a poll on any Group, simply go to your Group Page.
- After that, click or tap at the top status bar where it says, “Write something.”
- Now, click or tap on the three-dotted icon and then click or tap on the “Poll” button.
- Enter the question and the possible answers.
- In this way, you can have as many answers as you want.
If you don’t want people to add their own options or select multiple options, you can set it so in the “Post Options” settings on the left corner, you can uncheck those settings.
You can also have the option to add a scheduled time you would like your poll to be posted. Also, it’s important to figure out when your poll will end as the end time can be adjusted by the poll’s owner.
In conclusion, polls can be very beneficial for business owners as you can specifically target a certain audience or can be just plain entertaining for your followers.
Polls have much higher engagement rates as you usually have to pick something to view what other people voted on. Try out using polls on social media today. They are very fun to use!
Did you ever answer a poll on Facebook? If youı did, what was it about? Are your opinions still the same about the subject? Let us know down right in the comments.
Thank you for reading this article!