An Instagram poll is a new feature for people who want to know their followers’ opinions about something through an official sticker which allows you to ask personalized questions.
With this feature, users can ask their followers about anything, and they can customize the answers too. Therefore, it’s a great feature for brands and businesses that wish to build a bond with their audience.
In order to have a healthy relationship with your customers from the start, you should focus on building mutual respect and trust. Answering a couple of fun questions can be a big influence on how you get perceived by your potential and current customers.
In this article, we will explain how to create a poll and how to get the poll results.
What Is the Importance of Instagram Polls?
The Instagram poll feature is available in Instagram Stories. If you want to know your followers’ opinion about your Story post, you should start a poll right away. The first step is creating a Story as usual.
Creating a story is almost known by everybody. However, if you are unfamiliar with this practice, we can help you to learn it with very understandable and short sentences.
- First, you need to update your Instagram app then open it to take a look at the top left of your phone screen.
- You will see a camera icon from there, gently tap on it.
- Now you are ready to share your Instagram Story post.
- Take a photo of anything then swipe the screen from bottom to top.
- You will see a drop-down menu but you need to select the POLL sticker feature in there.
- Then a yes or no selection screen will appear in front of you. However, if you don’t want to make yes or no poll you can also change your poll’s answers.
- Write a question on top of them and confirm the poll. It’s good to go.
See Your Poll Results in Real-Time
Engagement means leads from your audience, and it is prominently the most important feature for a marketer may wish for.
- In poll questions, you can only use 26 characters and you have only two response options for now.
- When you confirm your poll, you can share your Story with your followers, and people not following you yet can answer it too.
- Additionally, constantly checking your poll results for further insights can add a lot of value to what you are trying to accomplish.
- You can get your audience’s ideas about a particular event, product, service, and a lot more that we can’t even mention. In this way, you can specify how you’re going to target your followers and create content or services accordingly to their needs, beliefs, and lifestyles.
After the poll consumes its lifetime, or between this period, you can check the answers that have been given to your Story.
While your poll is getting votes you can see which answer is more popular and create content accordingly. It’s a good idea to ask your followers about the next content you’re going to post. They may give you an idea you didn’t even know exist.
- Go to Instagram and tap on your Stories section.
- Then, open the Story statistics and see who joined your poll how they picked their side.
Don’t forget to take a screenshot of those answers and DM their owners to start a conversation real quick. In this way, you can build a special relationship with every one of your customers and visitors. This is how big companies build their establishment.
If you want to increase your chances of generating leads, sales and other cool things related to digital media marketing, it’s important to build a bond with your audience.
By asking different and exciting questions to people who follow you, you can gain their trust and be an authoritative figure for them to look up.
Creating a poll is fairly easy, and if you are serious about your visions about your Instagram account‘s popularity, you should definitely utilize this amazing feature.
So, did you ever answered a poll on Instagram? If you did, what pushed you to interact with someone you follow? Let us know down right in the comments.
Thank you for reading this article!