YouTube is one of the major social platforms in the world. It is said to be the future of media and marketing. In fact, it is not much the future anymore. Television is dying, there are not many interesting shows left on TV except some of the news channels or series. However, YouTube is getting bigger every day with new content. If you want to be a part of it, you should be wondering how to create a new YouTube channel.
YouTube has become a pioneer of video sharing platforms. No wonder people choose to have a channel on YouTube. Now there is even an occupation called ‘YouTuber.’
If you want to present yourself and your content, YouTube is the right address. It is one of the most used social platforms in the world with around 2 billion users.
It is possible to reach a wide audience, yet, you must choose your audience carefully and create a channel only regarding your audience.
For example, if you want to create content about games, your channel should only include content about games. Otherwise, you wouldn’t catch a loyal audience. If you want to shoot videos about something else, you should create another channel for that content.
Now let’s take a look at the steps to create a new YouTube channel.
Steps to Create a New YouTube Channel
If you are new to YouTube or creating a channel for the first time, follow the steps below. Keep in mind that you need a Google Account to create a YouTube channel. If you don’t have a Google Account, you must get one before signing into YouTube.
- If you haven’t signed in to YouTube, go to the YouTube.com and click on the Sign In button on the top right corner of the page.
- Log in with your Google Account.
- Click on your profile picture on the top right corner of the screen.
- Then click on the ‘Create a Channel’ button from the drop-down menu.
- Once you have clicked on the button, you must choose how to create your channel. You can either choose ‘Use your name’ option with your Google Account profile photo and name. Or choose ‘Use a custom name’ to create a channel for a brand or other name with a different picture.
- If you pick using your name, you will create your channel instantly.
- Let’s take a look at how to create a brand channel. Once you have picked the brand option, you should enter a channel name first.
- Pick a related name to your content and then click on ‘Create.’
- Now your new YouTube channel is created but its work is not done yet. Now you have to pick a profile picture for your new channel.
- After you have picked a profile picture, write a channel description in the box below the profile picture section.
- Describe your channel and its content briefly and add key tags related to your content. This way you can get more traffic to your channel.
- Below the description section, there is a part where you can add links to your channel. You can add links to your website and your social media accounts.
- Once you are done with the links, click on the ‘Save and Continue’ button.
Verify your Channel
Now your channel is all set, but the actual part hasn’t even started yet, which is uploading a video. Yet, before that, you would want to verify your channel. To do it;
- Go to Settings on your new channel from your Profile photo.
- Then click on ‘Channel Status and Features.’
- On the top left corner of the page, you will see the ‘Verify’ button next to your profile photo. You will see the features you can unlock by verifying your channel below the page.
- Click on the ‘Verify’ button and select your country.
- Then select the way to receive the verification code from YouTube.
- When your code arrives, enter the code on the box and click on Submit.
- Now your channel is verified and you can use the features of a verified channel.
Note: You can change your channel’s status from brand to personal afterward.
How to Create Another Channel
You can create multiple YouTube channels. As we have stated before, it is better to have different channels for different contents. Now let’s look at the steps to create another YouTube channel.
- Log in to YouTube with your Google Account.
- Click on your profile picture on the top right side of the screen.
- Now instead of ‘Create a Channel,’ you will see ‘Your Channel’ section in the drop-down menu.
- Click on ‘Settings’ instead of ‘Your Channel.’
- From the ‘Your YouTube Channel’ section in Settings, select ‘Add or Manage Your Channels.’
- Then you will be directed to your channels list and from there select ‘Create a new channel.’
- Now you can follow the same steps above to create a new channel.
You will need a camera, microphone, tripod or a gimbal stabilizer, lighting, and video editing software to start a YouTube channel.
First, you have to enable your channel for monetization. Connect your YouTube channel to an AdSense account. You can earn money from advertisements on YouTube. You can get more detailed information from our article: How to Advertise on YouTube?
No, there is no way to get paid by likes and views. The only way to make money on YouTube is to advertise.
YouTube has become a major media channel. It is possible to find almost every kind of content on YouTube. To contribute to this world, people wonder how to create a new YouTube channel.
We have covered how to create a new YouTube channel step by step. You can create multiple YouTube channels as well. Yet, you need a Google Account to create a YouTube channel.