Streaming music has become so easy in the last decade with the launch of different apps like Apple Music. Nowadays, one of the most used music streaming platforms is Spotify. With smart home gadgets and smart speakers, technology has come quite far in the last decade. Everybody likes listening to music everywhere, especially at home. One of the most used smart home speakers, Alexa, obviously plays music. Naturally, it brings the question: how to connect Spotify to Alexa?
Get Alexa to Play Spotify
Connecting your home speaker to Spotify is pretty easy. There are a couple of variations and steps you need to get done.
You need to start by finding out how to link Spotify to Alexa. Here’s how:
- Download the Alexa app.
- On the top left, tap on Menu.
- Get to Settings and open Music and Podcasts.
- Select Spotify.
- Select Link Account to Alexa.
- Type in your account information.
After these steps, you need to set it as your default music service. To do so:
- Get to the Menu section from the top left in the Alexa app.
- From Settings, tap on Music and Podcasts.
- Tap on Choose default music services.
- For podcasts, also tap on Choose default podcast services.
- Select Spotify and click Done.
With this easy guide, you can play Spotify on Alexa. If you need more help or face any issue during this process, do not hesitate to visit Amazon’s help site.
Get Amazon Echo to Play Spotify
There many types of different home speakers, and you can play music from Spotify via Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot, Amazon Echo Spot, Amazon Echo Show, and more.
To connect your Echo device to Spotify:
- Download the Amazon Alexa app.
- As stated before, go to Menu – Settings and Music and Podcasts.
- Tap on Link New Service, then choose Spotify.
- Tap on Enable to Use.
- Link your account to your Alexa account.
- From Default Services, set Spotify as your default music service.
Conclusion of Linking Spotify to Alexa
This article explained how to connect Spotify to Alexa and other devices that are compatible with the app. Hopefully, we managed to explain and lead you with the right steps for a better experience. If you liked this article, and want to learn more about Spotify, check out our articles about Spotify.