YouTube has been a part of our lives for years, and there is no day when we almost do not use YouTube and watch videos on this platform. While enjoying YouTube so much and having fun, sometimes the videos we watch may seem too long for us. These videos can be your own videos, or you may want to download only a part of a video you have watched. If you want to cut a short section instead of using the entire video and think this is a complicated process, do not continue to think like that. Because this is actually a very easy and simple process. Now we will explain to you in detail how to clip a YouTube video.
How to Crop a Video on YouTube?
In this section, we will explain how to crop a video you have already uploaded to YouTube. Sometimes we may complain about the length of a video that we previously uploaded to YouTube or because we forget to crop a detail inside the video before uploading it. In this case, deleting, trimming, and re-uploading that video to YouTube will be a challenging task. In addition, nobody wants to throw their videos, likes, and comments on the video into the trash. You can trim a video very quickly from your computer. You can trim the beginning, end, or even the middle part of your video. After cropping your video, your video’s URL, views, and comments will remain the same, and there will be no change in interactions in the video.
Steps to Crop a Video on YouTube
Here are the steps to crop a video:
- First, go to the YouTube website and log in to the YouTube Studio.
- Go to the Videos section and find the video you want to crop. Then, click on the title of the video you want to clip, and choose the Editor button at the left of the page.
- After, click on the Trim button at the left of the screen.
- Now, if you want to trim the begging or end of your video, hold and drag the edges of the blue box. The blue box shows the parts of your video that you have not cut. So this means that you have to leave the parts of the video you want to extract out of the blue box. Everything that is not in the blue box, that is, the gray parts, will be removed from the video.
- Or, you may want to remove a different part from your video, which is not at the beginning, or the end of the video. For this, tap the Crop button first. Move the blue box to the beginning of the part you want to crop from the video. And then, click on the Split button. Now, hold the white box that appears and move it to the end of the section you want to remove.
- If you want to trim or split a specific timeframe from your video, you can enter the start and end time of the part you want to trim in the two small boxes next to the Crop button.
- After cutting, click on the Play button to check your edit. If everything is as you want it, click the Save button.
Some Conditions and Tips For Trimming a YouTube Video
If you want to know how to clip a YouTube video there are some conditions for cropping a video on YouTube and uploading it back to your YouTube channel. You may also want to undo your changes or upload the video you have cropped to your channel as a new video. There are several methods to do these.
- Unfortunately, if you have more than 100,000 views of your video, it is not possible to do crop the video.
- For videos with over 100,000 views, the only change you can take is the Blur Faces feature. If you are unable to do this, you must use the Save as New Video option to save your changes in the video. However, this restriction does not apply to you if you are included in the YouTube Partner Program.
- To undo the split you made in a chapter, you can press the X icon at the top of the section and make your changes again.
- When you want to cancel all your changes completely, you can click on the Clear All button.
- If you want to save the edited version of your video to your channel as a new video, not as an old video, press the More Options button and then click Save As New option.
How to Download a Part of a YouTube Video
It is very effortless today to download YouTube videos to our computers. However, sometimes you may want to download a part of the video you watched, not the whole video directly. After all, it is easier to download only the part that works for you than to download the entire video and then crop it. Of course, some websites provide this feature to us, and we can download these videos to our computer in a cropped way directly. There are many different website services to do this. Some of these are Kapwing, ClipConverter, and Clideo. How to clip a YouTube video when downloading:
- First, find the YouTube video you want to cut and download and copy its link.
- Now, go to one of the websites we have mentioned above. If you wish, you can use another service that performs this type of process.
- The logic of these websites is generally the same, paste the link of the YouTube video you want to cut into the blank section that says the Media Link on the site and click on the Continue button.
- The site will list options for you to choose the image quality and type of video. After selecting the option you want, select MP4 from the Format to Convert section.
- 5. Usually, there are two boxes at the bottom of the page, Start and End time. In which minutes you want the video to start and end, enter these times in the boxes and click the Continue or Start button.
- Your video conversion, cropping, and downloading will start quickly.
In this article, we have explained in detail how to clip a YouTube video. In order to crop and edit a YouTube video without deleting it from YouTube, the content must meet specific requirements. If it does not, you need to reload it.
How Much Do YouTubers Make?
Social media, developing day by day, brings up new job opportunities. Of course, new job opportunities created by increasing needs can be welcomed nor...
How to Turn Off Comments on YouTube
The comments section is one of the worthwhile functionalities of the giant video-sharing platform YouTube. For users, it stands as the ultimate opport...
Besides, we have explained in detail how to download only part of a video on this platform. So you will not waste time downloading long videos, and your storage will be all yours. We hope you can crop your YouTube videos quickly and practically by following these methods.
If you want to learn more about YouTube, please read our latest articles about it.