Instagram used to be an exclusively mobile app. Before April 2021, it was not even possible to check Instagram DMs from a computer. Now Instagram users can use almost all chat features, except video chats, from their PC. They can check & send DMs, send & receive all kinds of media, use emojis, join group chats, and many more.
You can check Instagram DMs from a computer, both on Mac or PC, by following these steps:
- From your web browser, visit the Instagram website.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Click on the paper plane icon located at the top-right corner.
- On this page, you can see all your active conversations.
To Send Instagram DMs from a Computer:
On your Instagram DMs section, you can follow these steps to send DMs to other users:
1) Click on the blue “Send Message” button and type the username of the person you want to DM, or click on the new message icon located next to your username.
2) Type your message into the text box and then click on the “Send” button.
You can click on the three horizontal dots on your message and then select the “Unsend” option to take the message back. There are no limits to unsend messages. It is also not important for unsend messages to be seen or not by the receiver.
How to Delete Instagram Conversations from a Computer?
It is possible for users to delete all Instagram conversations from their computer. Once you open your active conversations section on the Instagram website from your web browser, follow these steps:
- Open the conversation you want to delete.
- Click on the “I” icon located on the top-right.
- Select the “Delete Chat” option.
Keep in mind that after deleting a conversation, the recipient can still view it.
How to Share Other Content on Instagram with a DM from a Computer?
You can also use your computer to share content, including photos, videos, stories, IGTV clips, and more, with other Instagram users via DMs.
- Navigate to the photo, video, or IGTV post that you want to share.
- Click the paper plane icon located under the post.
- Select the “Share to Direct” button.
- Type the username you want to send the content directly through Instagram DM.
Conclusion on How to Check Instagram DMs from Computer
Instagram recently allowed its users to check their direct messages also from a computer. You can check, send & unsend, and delete Instagram DMs by following the steps in our article. If you want to see how to DM on Instagram from the mobile application, check out our article as well.