Wanting to change the URL on YouTube is what every user thinks of after they grow their channel. People usually do not think they will use YouTube so much when opening a YouTube account because most people usually create an account just for watching videos. But when they become a brand, things change. When you create a new YouTube channel, your YouTube URL becomes a random user number that YouTube has set for you.
If you are a brand, it will be beneficial for you to change your URL because it will be much easier for people to reach you and advertise your brand. So let’s see how to change the YouTube URL.
Criteria for Changing URL on YouTube
Set up a custom URL YouTube. You need to meet some criteria to change YouTube channel URL on YouTube. If you want to create a custom YouTube URL for your channel, your account needs to have some things like subscribers and a channel icon. YouTube will only let you change URL if you meet these criteria. Otherwise, you will not be able to change your YouTube URL. You can find them below:
- You must have at least 100 or more subscribers.
- Your channel has to be at least 30 days old.
- You should have an uploaded photo as a channel icon.
- And lastly, you must have an uploaded channel art.
How to Set Up Custom URL on YouTube
If you meet YouTube’s criteria for changing URLs, it is possible to change your YouTube URL. Contrary to popular belief, this change is not a long and difficult process, but, of course, changing your YouTube URL is not the same as changing your channel name. It will be useful for you to change to a name you are really sure about, as YouTube limits the number of URL changes. And it is worth noting that if you meet the criteria for the Custom URL, YouTube will send you a notification or mail regarding this. Yet, if you meet all the criteria but still have not received a message, you can change your YouTube URL by following the steps below:
- Before starting, please keep in mind that you cannot edit a custom URL after you create it.
- First, go to YouTube’s website and log into your account. Then, click on your profile photo at the top right corner of the page and click on the YouTube Studio section.
- Now, tap on the Customization button. You will see the Basic Info option; click it. If your channel is suitable for a custom URL, you will see information about it here.
- Now you will see a couple of options that YouTube pre-approved for you. YouTube offers some options based on your display name or your linked website’s name.
- Unfortunately, you are not able to change what YouTube has approved, but you can add a few numbers or letters if the URL you want is already taken from another channel.
- From now on, your subscribers and viewers can reach your channel using this custom URL.
If you still have more questions about how to change YouTube URL, check the YouTube Help page.
How to Change a Custom URL on YouTube
You may have regretted a URL that you have already determined and may want to change your custom URL again. Actually, YouTube does not allow you to change your custom YouTube URL very often, but you can still change it a second time. Let’s look at how you can do this:
- Firstly, log in to your YouTube account and go to the About Me page.
- Select your channel at the top right corner of the screen.
- Then, under the Sites section, find your current custom URL and click on the Edit button.
- You will see the X button next to your current URL, click it, and press Okay.
- Now, you are able to create a new YouTube custom URL for your channel.
Why YouTube Custom URL Is Important
Changing your YouTube URL is very important for advertising your channel and, naturally, and get the link of your choice. Changing your URL addresses increases your brand awareness and vanity. Using the same name on all your social media platforms is important when creating a brand. Having consistency is really important for people to reach you easily. Since YouTube is a huge and widely used platform, it is essential for people who are looking for you to find you easily. If you want to expand your brand and spread it to large audiences, you should pay attention to your YouTube channel URL. Also, you can buy YouTube views to help you gain more visibility.
If you want to learn more about YouTube, you may be interested in how to change YouTube channel name.
If you want to set a new YouTube URL for yourself, or if you want to change the URL you have chosen before, we covered how to change the YouTube URL for you.
How to Make Money on Youtube
If your YouTube channel features quality video, you can persuade viewers to stick around and view more of your work. You may influence them to like an...
Why Are YouTube Views Important?
Today, YouTube is one of the most popular social media channels. The application, used from a young age to older people, is very helpful with its nume...
In this article, we have included a lot of information on YouTube URL change and why it is important to have a custom URL. We would like to remind you again that being easy to find is a very important step to growing your audience, and by changing your URL on a platform where millions of people enter daily, you can make a lot of people find you. If you want to increase your brand awareness or if you are just bored with your previous URL, you can easily make changes with the information in this article.