Steam account username has a very important place because we appear with this name to other players in all games. If you are not satisfied with the username you have set at the beginning, we will explain how to change your Steam username with detailed steps for you. We all have a nickname in online games.
Of course, nowadays, this is more commonly referred to as a username or nickname. The Steam platform is one of the most important platforms where we set a username because we want our username to be cool in games such as PUBG, Zula, or CS: GO. If you created your Steam account in the past, you might want to change the weird username you set, which does not look so cool nowadays. It is possible to perform this step by following very simple steps on changing a Steam username. Let us take a look at the steps to change the Steam username.
Changing Your Steam Username
Unfortunately, it is not possible to change your Steam username, and there is no way to change it. But there is one thing you can do; you can change your profile name. Let us see how you can do it step by step.
How to Do It on Mobile
You can change your Steam profile name on the mobile application following very close steps. Let’s go ahead and see them:
- Open the Steam app and tap on the three-lined button at the top left side of the page.
2. After you tap on the three-lined button, tap on your username to access more details.
3. Now, tap on the ‘Edit Profile’ button.
4. Start editing your profile name from the General settings.
5. Tap on the ‘Save’ button to save your changes on Steam.
Creating a New Steam Account
If you want to have a different Steam username, you will need to create a new Steam account. Here is how you can create a new one.
Steps to Create a New Account
The Steam account creating process takes a very short time if you follow the right steps.
- The first step is to enter the official website of Steam.
- Next, press the “login” button at the top right of the site. Then click the “Join Steam” button under the “Create” heading in the window. Thus, you will see the Steam registration page.
- The next step of our Steam account creating process is to fill in the necessary information. On the Steam account sign-up page, first, enter a valid email address. In the following stages, they will send a confirmation message to this address.
- Afterward, when you scroll down the page, you will see a box where you accept that you have read the user agreement and that you are over 13 years old to create a Steam account. If you are of age, you can check the box and continue with the Steam registration steps.
- When you click the “Continue” button on the previous page, a page will appear where you need to confirm your e-mail address.
- Find the message in the inbox of your e-mail and click on the “Create My Account” button.
- In the next step of creating a Steam account, you need to choose a username and password. Since the username is unique to each user, it should be a name that no one has taken before.
- After filling in the information on the page, you can reach the end of the Steam registration process by clicking the “Complete Registration” button. Thus, you will complete your Steam account creation process successfully, and then you will be able to download Steam and start using the application.
The Difference Between Steam ID and Steam Profile Name
Players on Steam confuse Steam Username, Profile Name, and Steam ID. Steam Username or Account name is the name you choose when registering with Steam and use each time you log into Steam. In other words, the Steam username is the name you chose when registering for the first Steam application, it cannot be the same as a person, and you cannot change it later. Profile Name is your profile name used in your profile, in games, and used with others. So you can change it whenever you want. Unfortunately, Steam only allows you to create a username while logging in. Other than that, you cannot change it.
Changing Your Username in Short
We have guided you through how to change your Steam username. With the Steam login username change process, you can easily change your username on Steam. All you need to do is to follow the steps above and change the username you decide. We present our Steam username change guide for you in detail. We hope you can benefit from this article that we prepared specially for users who have problems while changing their username on Steam.
Social Media Monitoring Tools
Social media is now a vast advertisement platform for many businesses. Therefore, it is vital to observe and analyze how your target audience expresse...
How to Become a Social Media Manager?
Social media management is a common term for all situations that involve how social media sites and accounts should be used, what strategies you can f...
If you liked this article, you may also want to read our article about how to change Twitch name as well.