Spotify has come a long way since its foundation. It is one of the most popular apps today. It is a widely used app throughout the world by music lovers. Spotify has proved itself to be a permanent rival against YouTube even without offering videos. Yet, the high sound quality and easy access to music is a reason for preferring Spotify. However, it is still an issue to know how to change your Spotify username.
The issue of whether Spotify is a social media platform or not is debatable. However, it is a platform that allows user interactions. You can see friend activities. Especially on the desktop app, you can find your friends and what they are listening to on the right column.
Like any website you get to be a member of, there is a profile section on Spotify. It is not detailed like Facebook or other social media platforms. However, there is one, and there is a username.
Well, the username on Spotify is not something to skip. Because that is how you make friends. When you first sign up to Spotify, the app gives you a random username. The given username consists of several numbers and letters.
If you haven’t connected your Spotify to your Facebook account, you have to add friends manually. Of course, you can add friends manually by connecting your accounts as well. Yet, you have to enter their username to find them on Spotify.
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to change your Spotify username from the app. You either have to connect your Spotify account to Facebook or create a new account.
Now let’s take a look at how to do them both.
Connect Your Account to Facebook
You can connect your account to Facebook both from a desktop and a mobile device. First, let’s take a look at the steps to connect your account on a desktop.
On a Desktop
- Open the Spotify app on your desktop and go to your profile.
- Reach your profile from the arrow next to your profile picture and name.
- Once you click on the arrow, select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to see the ‘Facebook’ section.
- Click on the blue ‘Connect to Facebook’ button.
- Then you will be directed to a log in page.
- Enter your Facebook details, and you will connect your Facebook account to Spotify along with your Facebook username.
On Mobile Devices
Now let’s see how to connect your account to Facebook with a mobile device. The process is a little bit different between Android and iOS systems. Here are the steps for Android devices.
- Open the Spotify app and go to the Home page.
- Tap on Settings. It is a gear icon on the top right side of the page.
- Scroll down to see the ‘Connect to Facebook’ option.
- Once you find it, tap on the ‘Connect to Facebook’ button and Spotify will ask for your permission to connect the accounts.
- Let Spotify connect your account and tap on the ‘Continue as [username]’ option.
- After you tap on that option, Spotify will start to use your Facebook username.
You can find the steps for iOS devices down below:
- Open the Spotify app on your iOS device and go to ‘Your Library.’
- When you are in Your Library, tap on the Settings button on the upper right side of the page.
- Tap on ‘Social.’
- Scroll down to see the ‘Connect to Facebook’ option and tap on it.
- Select how you will connect to Facebook. Choose ‘Login with the Facebook app’ or ‘Login with phone or email.’
- Enter your Facebook details and tap on ‘Login.’
- Lastly, tap on ‘Continue as [username]’ to connect your accounts.
- Now Spotify will use your Facebook username.
Read also: How to Disconnect Spotify from Facebook
Creating a New Account on Spotify
If you are not satisfied with your Spotify username and you don’t want to connect your Facebook account (if you don’t have one,) another option for you is to cancel your Spotify account and create a new one on Spotify.
Spotify lets you create a username when you are first signing up to Spotify.
You can sign up for Spotify with your Facebook account. You may choose this option to skip all the details when signing up.
If you want to sign up with your e-mail address, you will enter your details manually. Here you can pick a username for yourself but keep in mind that you will not be able to change it afterward.
Conclusion on Changing Your Spotify Username
We have covered ‘how to change your Spotify username.’ It is one of the most frequently asked questions. If you have a username consisting of numbers and letters, you have to either create a new account or connect your account to Facebook.
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to change your Spotify username.
If you want to learn more about Spotify, check our articles about it. You may be interested in how to change profile picture on Spotify.