When you want to change Twitter handle for various reasons, you can do this in a few steps. But before you do this, you need to make sure. Because, as a result, you take some risks. Your followers may not recognize you, and you may lose followers. We do not recommend that you do this unless it is very necessary. You just have to do it when it’s really necessary.
Choose Handle for Twitter
This is very simple and easy to do. You can change it any way you want. Just select a different username that is not in use, and you can continue to use Twitter. But this can be difficult for your followers. The user name they are accustomed to may seem strange to them. There is no change in the content, messages, and shares in your profile when you do this. Your follower list doesn’t change either. You can select and change a user name of up to 15 characters. You can do it within the rules set forth by Twitter.
Why Should I Change it?
If you want to change the Twitter handle, it should be a valid reason. If you do this frequently at random times, you will damage your account. It’s like changing your name on your ID. Do you change your name frequently? Of course, no. Only in mandatory cases. For example, you can do this when the name or concept of your business name changes. Or you can do it because of some security measures. When you first sign up for Twitter, you should select your most appropriate username and use it to avoid such situations. You can also change your Twitter name. There are different settings for this. However, doing this will not affect your existing followers, direct messages, or replies. You can see the username next to your profile.
Steps to Change Your Twitter Username
You can do this on both the Twitter website and Ios and Android mobile apps. Let’s see how it is done:
- Go to the Twitter website or any mobile app such as Ios or Android.
- Tab on the Profile page
- Go to Settings
- Click on Settings and privacy.
- Go to the Account tab.
- Change your username ( If this username is taken, Twitter will notice you)
- And click to save changes. And you have a new username now!
Please note that you can only select a username that is up to 15 characters long and cannot be made up of illegal characters.
I Can’t Change the Twitter How to Fix Twitter Handle
Can’t you change Twitter handle? Calm down. There is a solution.
- The username you selected may have been using by another Twitter user.
- You may have selected a username longer than 15 characters.
- The selected username may contain illegal characters.
- You may have selected a user name that is not appropriate for Twitter.
- There may be a temporary problem with the Twitter service, and you may not be able to trade during that time. Wait for a few minutes, and continue the process.
Changing Twitter Username in Short
To sum, you can change your Twitter username anytime you want and as many times as you wish. There are plenty of reasons why one would want to change his or her Twitter username. If you still have problems, let your Twitter customer service know about your problem and wait for them to help. Or, as an alternative, you can check out our Twitter support page for more info.