Facebook is one of the most frequently used social network services with almost 3 billion monthly active users all around the world, so the platform offers tens of languages , from English to Arabic. However, some users may prefer a language other than their native language on Facebook.
How to Change The Language of Your Facebook Account?
You can easily change your account’s language following some easy steps on your mobile phone and desktop.
On Mobile Device (Both iOS and Android)
- Log in to your Facebook account and then tap the menu button at the top-right.
- Tap ‘Settings & Privacy.’
- Tap ‘Language’
- Then, tap ‘Edit’ and select your Facebook language you want to use. By the way, you will see the common languages in your area instead of alphabetical order, if you have activated your geographical location.
- When you tap the language you would like to use, and all changes will be saved.
- Facebook will reload automatically.
On Facebook on Desktop / Web Browser
- Log in to your Facebook account, click on the small blue arrow button at the top-right of your screen.
- Go to ‘Settings & Privacy’ and then click ‘Language.’
- Click ‘Edit’ and choose the Facebook language you want to use.
- Hit ‘Save.’ Facebook will reload within seconds.
FAQs About the Language on Facebook
No, you need to update the language settings on Facebook on your PC.
Almost 140 languages can be used on the platform. Forty percent of Facebook users don’t prefer to choose the English option. Therefore, a variety of different languages on Facebook plays a critical role.
Yes, follow the steps again.
You are probably using a VPN; when you deactivate the VPN, the problem will end up.
Yes, when you change the language of your account, the game language will change.
The Language on Facebook in Short
Facebook offers tens of different languages for its users. Remember, if you change the language on Facebook on the desktop, your iPhone or Android device’s language will remain the same. For this reason, you need to update the language settings on your mobile device.
If you want to learn more about Facebook and what it offers, please read more of our articles about it. You may like how to set up a Facebook business page.