Spotify is one of the most popular apps today. It has become a major player and a game-changer in the world of music streaming. Spotify is used widely by music lovers. Especially audiophiles prefer Spotify over YouTube and other platforms that include music in terms of sound quality. Since there are interactions, people wonder how to change profile picture on Spotify.
The interactions on Spotify are not actually like on other social media platforms. It is debatable if Spotify would be considered social media. However, it is possible to see the activities of friends on Spotify such as what music they are listening to and their playlists along with their playlist image.
Spotify has a profile picture option. Well, if it did not have any importance it wouldn’t be there. Since there are interactions, a profile picture is a good separator.
If you are new around Spotify, you might be wondering how to change the profile picture on Spotify. It is possible to do that. Many people don’t know how but it is actually very simple.
You can change the profile picture both from the desktop app and mobile app. Changing it from the desktop is very simple, however, the same cannot be said for the mobile application.
Steps to Change Profile Picture on Spotify on a Desktop
First, let’s take a look at how to change the profile picture on a desktop.
- Once you open the Spotify app on your desktop, click on your username at the top right corner of the page.
- Then move the mouse on your current profile picture, you will see a pop-up text that says ‘Change,’ click on it.
- If you have already selected a profile picture, you will see two options after you click on the button; ‘Remove’ or ‘Change.’
- Once you click on the ‘Change’ button, Spotify will open your files for you to choose your profile picture.
- Select the image file you want and click on ‘Open’ to end the process.
Steps to Change Profile Picture on Spotify on a Mobile Device
Now let’s take a look at how to change the Spotify profile picture on a mobile device. The mobile device process is a lot different than the desktop one. It differs from Android to iOS as well.
You have to add your Facebook profile picture to do it. Here are the steps to change your profile photo on an Android device:
- Once you open the Spotify app, tap on the ‘Home’ button at the footer.
- Then tap on the ‘Settings’ button that looks like a gear. It is on the top right corner of the page.
- Scroll down to find the ‘Connect to Facebook’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Connect to Facebook’ option and Spotify will ask for your permission to connect your account.
- Spotify will receive your name and profile picture, friends list, date of birth and e-mail address. However, you can change this by editing it.
- Once you are done with the permission, tap on the ‘Continue as [username]’ button.
- After you tap on that button, Spotify will start to use your profile picture from Facebook.
If you don’t want to use that profile picture, you can change it from Facebook, or follow the steps for the desktop. Now let’s take a look at how to change your profile picture on an iOS device:
- Once you open the Spotify app on your iOS device, tap on the ‘Your Library’ button.
- When you are in Your Library, tap on the Settings button on the upper right side of the page.
- Tap on ‘Social.’
- Scroll down to find the ‘Connect to Facebook’ option and tap on it.
- Then select how you will connect to Facebook. Select ‘Login with the Facebook app’ or ‘Login with phone or email.’
- Enter your Facebook information and tap on ‘Login.’
- Lastly, tap on ‘Continue as [username]’ to end the process.
A lot of Spotify users have wondered how to change profile picture on Spotify. It is pretty simple to change it from the desktop. It is just like adding an image to any website.
However, it is not the same for mobile devices. To have a profile picture, you need to connect Spotify to your Facebook account. Unfortunately, you have to change the profile photo on your Facebook account to use another photo.
To learn more about Spotify, check out our articles about it. You might be interested in how to use Spotify.