Google Docs is one of the most used tools, especially in business communication and document sharing processes. This tool allows you to continuously update the content you want to convey in the word file online and present it to the other person. Margins in Google Docs are the blanks that make sure that the text does not stick to the page’s edges. These gaps, which have a certain size, make the text appearance in Google Docs more elegant and readable. Inside a page, there are left and right margins, top and bottom margins. Moreover, margins for entire document settings can be changed easily. The settings made through the page setup dialog allow you to change your page layout permanently. So, how to do 1-inch margins on Google Docs? Or, how to change margins in Google Docs in general? Here are the answers!
There Are Two Ways to Change Margins in Google Docs
You have two simple ways of editing margins in Google Docs.
- To make a change on the default margins, you first need to see the margin sign. If this is not visible yet, click on View and then choose “Show ruler.”
- Then click and drag the margin with your mouse movements. The blue rectangle you will see will be the line you specified the margin. Accordingly, you can also move the line indent and create the look you want.
- For a larger margin, you have to shift the blue rectangle on the left to the right. For a smaller margin inch, slide it to the left.
You can also make margin settings on the page setup page.
- First, click on the “File” option. Then choose “Page Setup.”
- A setup dialog box will appear. Here you’ll have the chance to enter exact numbers to determine your margin in inches.
- Then click, OK. Margin settings will be made for each point according to the numbers you set.
Conclusion: Changing Margins In Google Docs
If you want to determine the form of your content yourself, you can make technical settings on margins in Google Docs. Moreover, it is quite easy to do them! Follow the steps we mentioned above! If you liked this article, please check out our other articles about Google Docs as well. You may also like our article about how to add a text box in Google Docs.